New players

Topics related to Second Age
uofuntime

New players

Post by uofuntime »

Hi! thread for noobies to chat.

Are you having fun so far?! This game and shard can not be more addicting.

Placed a small house. It's such a fun feeling, already has sentimental value.

How are your templates? My main has one skill left (resist) to be a 7x gm. Trying new templates and skills and it is great.

edit: just to clairfy--first played during the original pre t2a uo when it was released. played up to Renaissance and quit shortly after due to boredom. On/off playing on OSI up till now. So not new to the game per se. =)
Last edited by uofuntime on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: New players

Post by Jill Stihl »

So far my few weeks here have been mostly :o

After initially feeling lost it's all flooding back, I find I still know my way around places I haven't been in nearly ten years. Yesterday I placed a nice house (spots are out there, for smalls there are loads) and this morning I GMed lumberjacking on my current main char. That's been a grind but I've earned a fair whack from flogging thousands of bows to NPCs along the way.

Been attacked twice - once I legged it but the other time he had me nailed. Can't recall the red's name but he let me live when he realised I was a useless noob. Been robbed a couple of times too but nothing of note lost. I'm not going out looking for PvP, mainly because I suxxor, but I really appreciate the presence of the risk that it might happen.

Characters wise I'm all over the place, I've already filled 15 slots with trial and error characters. Discovered my old beggar template is still in the Stratics Beggar forum FAQ so I might go down that path with my beggar again. Working on two 'adventurers' each with one harvesting skill - lumberjacking and mining, to earn their keep. Made a slow start on the obligatory craft mule.

So much to do, so little time. I love the freedom and massive range of this world :mrgreen:

And at that I reckon the server should be back up.....

VenGeance

Post by VenGeance »

Good thing you didn't recall that reds name.. Don't want people thinking hes gone soft :lol:

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Mathias wrote:So far my few weeks here have been mostly :o

After initially feeling lost it's all flooding back, I find I still know my way around places I haven't been in nearly ten years.
Yes! It's funny... I have places I frequent all mapped inside my head. I don't think I'll ever forget (well maybe when I'm a senior), but wow. I also almost always have nearly 15 characters, most experimental and waiting (1 week) to be deleted. I think I have most fun with my pvm farmer, pvp, and crafter chars. Multi clienting adds a new dimension to the game. It's much easier to do things that require 2+ people. I think it's a good thing though. Makes things a lot easier.

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

lately when i see people who are obviously new,
and seem clueless asking for how to do something/train a skill
i will just suggest they search the forums.
seems like good advice to give while wasting least amount of time
it's cool to see people who are just now learning how to play the game
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers