Serpent's Hold fortress towers and guardzone

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Van Raily

Serpent's Hold fortress towers and guardzone

Post by Van Raily »

The barracks towers in Serpent's Hold, particularly the top levels of the towers with the ladders, didn't have guardzones in Felucca on Catskills. I was wondering if this was the same on other shards, particularly during our era? Anyone else remember?
Gone to greener pastures.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Serpent's Hold fortress towers and guardzone

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont know but I recently found out that (well in a recent patch here) some basement areas of brit are no longer guarded. This makes me think you might be on to something. Perhaps the guard region occupied 3d space instead of 2d.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I just remember it for practicing on non-guilded folks and some dueling, since the Hold was rarely ever used.
Gone to greener pastures.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Guarded areas did indeed occupy a 3 dimensional area. If anyone recalls, PK's used to duel on the top of the Yew Empath Abbey all the time because the area was not guarded.

As for the Serpent's Hold guard towers, I can't comment on whether they did or didn't have guard zone that covered the second stories.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org