Logged in Dead

Damo

Logged in Dead

Post by Damo »

I logged in and found my character dead.
I don't know how to get revived
Also, my status changes to "WAR" every time i type something and press Enter.

Whats wrong with my account?

Pat

Re: Logged in Dead

Post by Pat »

If you do not log out in a safe location (an Inn, tavern, or your house) then you character will remain in game for 5 minutes after you exited UO. If you do log out in one of these places then your character will usually disappear right away; usually because there are a few things that can still prevent insta log. You most likely didnt log out in one of these places so in that 5 minutes that your character was still in game someone or something killed you.

As a ghost you can be visible or invisible to the living. If you are in war mode then everyone can see you. If you are not in war mode then only other ghosts can see you. When you talk then you automatically go in war mode so everyone can see you say OOoOooO - thats just how the game works.

To get resurrected you must either go in war mode (so you can be seen) and go to another player in the game and hope that they will be nice enough to res you. Your other option is to go to the healer in a town or find a wandering healer in the woods. For these NPC healers it does not matter if you are in war mode or not, you just need to run up to them and they will res you.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Damo wrote:I logged in and found my character dead.
I don't know how to get revived
Also, my status changes to "WAR" every time i type something and press Enter.

Whats wrong with my account?
nothing is wrong with your account.

You're dead because someone or something killed you when you logged. You stay in game world for a few minutes if you didn't log out at inn/tavern (or use camping and bedroll). Also you can't instant-log if you're criminal or recently or currently engaged in combat.

You go in war mode because as a ghost, peace mode makes you invisible. So when you speak, you show yourself. By the way, when you talk, people only hear "OooOoo Oooo Oo". You have to go to healers to get revived. There is one healer in every major town.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

uofuntime wrote: There is one healer in every major town.
Minus Nujel'm. Don't get dead there, or you'll have to Help out if no one's around to res you (a good possibility).
Gone to greener pastures.

Damo

Post by Damo »

Thanks to you all for the info!
I will be more careful in the future.

regards
Damo

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Van Raily wrote: Minus Nujel'm. Don't get dead there, or you'll have to Help out if no one's around to res you (a good possibility).
There's not a healer there? That sounds like horrible city planning! We should go there and protest!
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

We did on Catskills. Got a GM to put a healer there and some beds in one of the houses outside of the city walls.

But the idiot screwed up the beds and they were north-south facing pieces placed sideways running east-west. What a newb.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

SJane3384 wrote:
Van Raily wrote: Minus Nujel'm. Don't get dead there, or you'll have to Help out if no one's around to res you (a good possibility).
There's not a healer there? That sounds like horrible city planning! We should go there and protest!
njHealer.jpg
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Did you just put that in? I don't remember the jail being a healers, so I hope so! (And thanks!)

And, I still hold to my original comment about dying in Nujel'm. It looks to me the best care you can hope to get is a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. (They're going to get medieval on your ass.) =[

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Van Raily wrote:
And, I still hold to my original comment about dying in Nujel'm. It looks to me the best care you can hope to get is a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. (They're going to get medieval on your ass.) =[
Welcome to Obamacare :-)
Sign my PETITION!

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

It's better than what I got now. Can't even afford the blowtorch. Or the pliers.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Van Raily wrote:It's better than what I got now. Can't even afford the blowtorch. Or the pliers.
Hehe, I want to go on a big political rant, but somehow I don't think the mods would appreciate it. I'll save it for IRC :-)
Sign my PETITION!

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:
SJane3384 wrote:
njHealer.jpg
Not era accurate.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Nor is the current event going on.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

hiicha wrote:
Derrick wrote:
njHealer.jpg
Not era accurate.
Speaking of NEA, what's up with the red healers in Bucs Den?

Not era accurate. Get your lazy asses to the Chaos Shrine :|
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE