PK res/counts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Caranthir

PK res/counts

Post by Caranthir »

I am writing in a state of horrible drunkeness, however I was wondering about PK counts/res/reset status. If I recall correctly, PK counts were NOT reset after resurrecting upon death. On UOSA, death as a PK leads to your PK's counts being reset upon resurrections. Is this accurate?

Sandro

Re: PK res/counts

Post by Sandro »

what's the difference, a real pk is in stat-loss right after hes back on the field anyways.. lol

this would hinder most "stat ping-pong" reds out there tho :roll:
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont know how this "should" work, but contrary to sandros belief, I think this would effect the ease of macroing your pk back up after stat-loss death, because one slip of the fighter-spar macro and you could take 20% all over again.

That said, he is pretty much correct, it wont make a difference to the actual pk's here. Most of them wait off counts here anyway.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:That said, he is pretty much correct, it wont make a difference to the actual pk's here. Most of them wait off counts here anyway.
you can't macro short terms after you are beyond 100..

no point tbh
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:That said, he is pretty much correct, it wont make a difference to the actual pk's here. Most of them wait off counts here anyway.

no point tbh
I'm saying that 90% of the pks here kill 3 a day and macro it off to stay out of stat. The pk's who res in statloss and kill whatever, will only be effected by the new danger of macroing.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Sandro wrote:

no point tbh
100? wow i'd res above 15 or 20.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Matron talking about the polar bear breaking tame and killing you while macroing.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Sandro wrote:what's the difference, a real pk is in stat-loss right after hes back on the field anyways.. lol

The difference is that the way it's currently working isn't era accurate.. and that's the shard's goal
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

nightshark wrote:
Sandro wrote:what's the difference, a real pk is in stat-loss right after hes back on the field anyways.. lol

The difference is that the way it's currently working isn't era accurate.. and that's the shard's goal
That would be point #1. Also, the people who kill 3 blues a day and then macro off aren't PKs. (sorry to break the news...).

The PKs are those that take pride in the number of kills they rack up, and on OSI that number remained the same even after you got killed/ressed.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I have provided sources in the past and so have a few others that counts stayed the same.

I have no doubt the same behavior persists inside of the demo code too.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

This is correct. You res in stat and remain in stat, shortening to 6 is not era acurate.

HOWEVER.

There is a feature which was in era and was briefly enabled here. On OSI if you died in stat you could res and only take 10% loss, how you say? Simple.

Enable auto res with skill loss after you die.

I did this back on baja everytime my dude died in stat, I would wait until they left with my menu gump open and res automatically, and gate my gimp ass away on another account with 10% loss.

I talked to Derrick briefly about this, but he linked a stratics article that claimed the loss stacked, meaning you would take a 30% loss (20% from stat and 10% from the auto res feauture).

No way, I never took a 30% loss, it was always 10, I just cant prove it unless Faust draws me up some patch notes.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Donk

Post by Donk »

What is the deal with auto-res? I veerrryyy vaaaaguelly remember it from when I started playing UO, is it within this shard's target era? Is it on this shard? I don't think I'd ever use it but it seems like a very unique feature I've not seen on any UO shard for a long time.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Donk wrote:What is the deal with auto-res? I veerrryyy vaaaaguelly remember it from when I started playing UO, is it within this shard's target era? Is it on this shard? I don't think I'd ever use it but it seems like a very unique feature I've not seen on any UO shard for a long time.
Most people disabled it (you could do it on client) b/c who would take 10% loss over some stupid items?? no one.

But it did have its purpose.

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

Yeah the instant res existed, but that was way early in UO times. Can we have the PK count fix first and then discuss auto res? ;) Derrick?

Faust

Post by Faust »

son wrote: No way, I never took a 30% loss, it was always 10, I just cant prove it unless Faust draws me up some patch notes.
This should be present on the demo one way or the other since auto res does exist on there.

Auto res was patched out in early '00 and is accurate to our time frame. I believe Derrick removed it temporarily based on a bug or something.