Help me doing something about PvP

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Reefer Madness

Help me doing something about PvP

Post by Reefer Madness »

Hi guys , im new on this server. Im Named Reefer Madness. I heard this server was great by some friends and it is. The only thing that i think we need to change is the PvP... Im Kinda new and im already tired of running after people... Every fight i do (I run or they run) and i dont think im one of the best in PvP here but im unkilllable if im running. So i think one of the best thing to do about this is to use the (Primary , Secondary Attack) Pacth with some Stun Ability , Penetring Armor , and more. Just tell me guys if you think its a good idea but im sure im not the only one whos tired of running and running and running after people.

Well if you have any better idea , well tell me :P

PS: (Excuse my english for everyone who read this, im not American)

Krats

Re: Help me doing something about PvP

Post by Krats »

Oh oh me me!

sorry Not Era Accurate
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

If you want stun blows, you'll have to play another server. The entire goal of this server is era accuracy to '99, and stun blows are completely out of the question. The closest thing you could get is a weapon of ghouls touch ;)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Reefer Madness wrote:Hi guys , im new on this server. Im Named Reefer Madness. I heard this server was great by some friends and it is. The only thing that i think we need to change is the PvP... Im Kinda new and im already tired of running after people... Every fight i do (I run or they run) and i dont think im one of the best in PvP here but im unkilllable if im running. So i think one of the best thing to do about this is to use the (Primary , Secondary Attack) Pacth with some Stun Ability , Penetring Armor , and more. Just tell me guys if you think its a good idea but im sure im not the only one whos tired of running and running and running after people.

Well if you have any better idea , well tell me :P

PS: (Excuse my english for everyone who read this, im not American)

its not that hard to kill someone whos running away from you. you just need to use the right tactics. carry purple potions and practice your timing with throwing them. thats how i get most of my kill shots. also lightning wands are good for dropping someone on the run.

what kind of pvp template are you using? i may be able to give you some better advice.

rouss

Post by rouss »

if you dare to say you're unkillable , real pvpers are yet to be met.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

If you're PKing, er sorry, I mean engaging in consensual PvP, you're better off sticking to spots where it's more difficult to run away (and somewhere farther away from town). But yeah, purple potions make running a pretty poor idea. If a victim has 100 Wrestling, they're usually better off just casting Recall, and using mini-heal and yellow potions to survive through failures and Harm-spam.

I found Destard level 1 to be a great spot for fighting. Not too many corners for people to run around, and enough space that they can delude themselves into thinking they can run away (again, not a good idea if your pursuer is carrying purple potions). And even if they run outside, it's a hike to the nearest town.