Boat Ejection

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Shea

Boat Ejection

Post by Shea »

Last evening I was macroing hiding and stealth on a boat all night until the server reset. I logged in to find myself quite a ways from the boat location (definitely not the closest shore, but that is neither here nor there) and obviously ejected from the boat. I do not own the boat and was on it with two colleagues, one of whom did have the keys. The boat was neither moved nor did it decay, yet I was ejected.

Upon paging, both Derrick and Yoda seemed to be baffled by this and I was asked to page should it happen again. Upon discussing this with my guild members they did not seem surprised by this, which is even more baffling to me :)

I cannot for the life of me remember whether this is era accurate or not and I cannot seem to find anyone else who knows either. The fact that Derrick and Yoda both felt this should not have happened has me questioning whether this is a bug or whether this mechanic should exist. I figured this was a good place to solicit feedback on it from both the community and staff.

Thoughts?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Boat Ejection

Post by BenBrawl »

the other day i was boat mining, and had my mage char on incase of any high sea trouble. when i logged both chars on the boat at the end of the night, my miner had the key, the mage didnt. when i logged onto my mage the next day, he was on land, right beside the water but the miner was still on boat
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Is your in-game character Cuban?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Must be a bug.. there is no reason to believe this is era accurate if noone coded this to happen.

This server is built on runUO, nothing that happens without Derrick implementing it should be assumed to be era accurate.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Shea

Post by Shea »

nightshark wrote:Must be a bug.. there is no reason to believe this is era accurate if noone coded this to happen.

This server is built on runUO, nothing that happens without Derrick implementing it should be assumed to be era accurate.
Update: I was on the same boat last night macroing... still without keys. Just logged in and I am still on the boat. It seems that perhaps one person is allowed to stay on the boat while all others are ejected? That can't be an intended mechanic right?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Honestly the only way a person can be ejected from a boat is if they log in to water, or if the system thinks you're on water; the latter of which is worth investigating.

It should be noted that if you are standing on the plank, and you log out, the plank will close, and this will count as logging into water (I probably should have mentioned this possibility previously)

If this wasn't possibly the case either let me know, and I will look into what other possibilities exist. If there's a bug here, I suspect it's related to where on the boat you are standing.

Thanks for the post, we'll figure it out :D
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kdog77

Post by Kdog77 »

I actually thought this was something to do with the anchor not being down. I've been booted from my boats on various shards plenty of times. Sometimes everyone on board has gotten the boot, sometimes just one person, but it's always been when I didn't drop the anchor. I don't know if it's era accurate or not, but this definitely isn't the only place it happens. Could it be something to do with hitting turbulent water? Though now that I think about it I haven't noticed hitting any of that since I've been here, does that even exist here?

That probably wasn't much help, but in any event this definitely isn't the only place I've seen or heard of this.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Derrick wrote:Honestly the only way a person can be ejected from a boat is if they log in to water, or if the system thinks you're on water; the latter of which is worth investigating.

It should be noted that if you are standing on the plank, and you log out, the plank will close, and this will count as logging into water (I probably should have mentioned this possibility previously)

If this wasn't possibly the case either let me know, and I will look into what other possibilities exist. If there's a bug here, I suspect it's related to where on the boat you are standing.

Thanks for the post, we'll figure it out :D
In both cases I have been standing in the exact same spot, which is the spot closest to the tiller. Interestingly enough, when I logged in this morning I was not in the same spot as when I went to bed last evening, so I was essentially moved to another spot on the boat at some point. In neither case was I standing anywhere near the plank and the anchor is most definitely down as this is a boat that is never and will never be moved. Definitely seems like a bug to me. Thanks for your help Derrick!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Kdog77 wrote:I actually thought this was something to do with the anchor not being down. I've been booted from my boats on various shards plenty of times. Sometimes everyone on board has gotten the boot, sometimes just one person, but it's always been when I didn't drop the anchor. I don't know if it's era accurate or not, but this definitely isn't the only place it happens.
Interesting.
The boat anchor doesn't cause this (or effect anything at all actually), but i do have a lead on this now. We don't have turbulent water either, as that was caused by crossing server lines which are not necessary here.

Thanks guys.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."