Any European guilds out there?

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Meursault

Any European guilds out there?

Post by Meursault »

Looking for people who play at the same times that i do. I have been on this shard for a month or so and have met quite a few european players, but no specific guild. Is there any?

rouss

Re: Any European guilds out there?

Post by rouss »

I'm afraid not (I haven't heard, at least). Although, theres always a bunch of europeans in every public guild I guess. What times do you play?
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

like two lines down on the thread page is a listing for an italian only guild and I seem to remember a similar concept a month or two ago.

Meursault

Post by Meursault »

Italian is a language that i unfortunately do not master. I´m swedish.

But anyways, thanks for the answers. I´ll look around for a while, im sure that I will eventually finds something that suits me.

rouss

Post by rouss »

Meursault wrote:Italian is a language that i unfortunately do not master. I´m swedish.

But anyways, thanks for the answers. I´ll look around for a while, im sure that I will eventually finds something that suits me.
there's a guild of swedish players called SWE, you might hook em up at some point. :wink:
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Meursault

Post by Meursault »

Noticed this one: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/285

Still active?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Still active?
I don't know.

I met Marius once in-game. He's Dutch (looking at the guildtitles reveals that anyways) and he told me the guild was more a one-man guild, but he also said that might change some day. But that was definitly atleast a year ago. Maybe his guildstone is at the ever-growing graveyard...
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Meursault

Post by Meursault »

Thank you, good to know.

The swedish guild looks interesting, but it seems a bit too selective for my taste (i want to practice my english).

As it is now, i log off around 7pm est, which makes it a bit hard to follow normal, american-based, guilds activities. But i might join one (if they want me) and see how it goes. Another option is to start a guild of my own, but that will have to wait, need to get to know this shard a bit more first (only been here for about a month and im still building my character, got about 10 resist left till 7xGM).

So, if there is any eruo players (or just anyone who plays 5-6 hours ahead of EST) who wants to start figuring something out, send me a PM or talk to me over IRC.

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: Hey Meursault,

I'm in the GMT (UK) timezone myself; but the majority of UOSA players are EST/Other US timezones... Recruiting globally, I hope our guild can have 24/7 coverage if we ever get big enough to make that possible. Eitherway, I wouldn't mind a few more Europian players in the mix!

Have you heard about The Militia?

We're a relatively new role-playing guild with a very content rich background and well-structured hierarchy to ensure fun can be had by all guild members without the need for guild leaders to necessarily be around; as activity is generated by the members themselves, such as foot patrols lead by mid-level superiors etc. We're constantly on the look out for Recruits, whether they wish to join the militia side of the guild, or make a citizen character that could be anything from a barkeeper, to a craftsman, to a treasure hunter, to a highwayman.

We offer a 'hard-core' RP style that as far as I am aware, is currently unavailable in any other guild on the shard. By this, I mean we don't use magery, we don't use magic weapons; we're role-playing rag-tag militiamen designed to make an already difficult era even more tough, i.e. peasants who're fed up of having their fields raided by orcs, and have taken up what arms they can find to help protect other citizens like they themselves used to be.

We're not designed to be amazing at PvP, or even stand up really well to a multiple PK attack - We're designed for long-term fun, based on a concept and similar rules that have worked (and still are working) on the official OSI 'Europa' shard since '98 (and our inspirational guilds/communities are still running strong there today after 12 years).

We also follow a ruleset known as the 'Laws of War' which is tried & tested; it worked with the Europa RP communities of this era (only adapting to account for the games' expansions over the years). This LoW means that any RP guilds who choose to go to war with us must also abide by this same rule-set; this rules cover things like recovery time after battles, magic restrictions, and looting; ensuring that combat and interaction is kept fair, such as "low-fantasy" guilds standing a chance on the battlefield against a guild solely based around the use of magery, for instance.

It might sounds like a lot of effort to some people; and many don't enjoy the concept of playing without magery or magic weapons after years of doing so... But with a possibility to have up to 15 characters on this shard and not pay a penny, what've you got to lose?

Feel free to check out our website, and if you have any questions, you can PM me on the forums or contact me by the ICQ number in my signature.

Regardless of whether or not you choose to have a career in the militia, I hope you enjoy your time on the UOSA shard!]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

Mokka

Post by Mokka »

Bump

Keeping this topic topped as I'm also interested in a European guild, if an active one exists.

Populus

Post by Populus »

It's great to see alot of Swedish players! I don't think there's a swedish/nordic/european guild here who's active. But there are alot of other guilds not based on nationality. (:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Mokka

Post by Mokka »

True, there are.

It's just a bit discouraging when the guild charters state guild hunts at a time when it's impossible to participate. :-)
I was just hoping for suggestions to guilds where the activity would be during the day EST and not in the evening (as that would be middle of the night in Europe).

I'm basically just looking for a casual progress guild, with companionship, PvM and the odd bit of PvP.

Return to “Guild Recruitment”