Looking for a Light RP guild to join

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Kilo Kai

Looking for a Light RP guild to join

Post by Kilo Kai »

i am still raising skills. i was told about PoV and i like the numbers i see about town. Would any other guilds fall into this range? (just to know my options) thanks community :mrgreen:

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Looking for a Light RP guild to join

Post by MatronDeWinter »

PoV, a "light rp" guild?
If you like roleplaying a group of dexers that hang out at brit graveyard and fail at noto-pk'ing then PoV is for you.

I would check out some of the guilds in the guild-recruiting section before deciding on these guys.

Kilo Kai

Post by Kilo Kai »

thanks MDW for the response. :)

Do you have any suggestions that would fit best ? I will check out the Guilds section right away also. thanks again

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Maybe if you posted a bit of what you are looking for, it is easier to point you to a guild. When you say you are looking into PoV, I assume you are interested in Anti-PK PvP. If you want more of a town or crafter char, or PvM, there are other options. Also, if you want to RP an Orc or a Pirate, there are guilds for that too.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kilo Kai

Post by Kilo Kai »

PoV was metioned to me because they will help New players to the server. i have a char inwhich is a Kat / mage. I like to PVM and PVP. RED or BLUE doesnt matter. Blue is easier for me at the present but i hail from Siege and i dont know how long i can go without being red.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

If you are going to go Red eventually, I would suggest looking at other guilds. I believe K^A helps out new players, and gives them room to follow their own path. I don't know how much SoA helps noobs, but you will also have a some PvP opportunities. Both these guilds are fairly large and active, I don't think they RP too much, though.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Kilo Kai

Post by Kilo Kai »

SoA looks structured well. Pirates and Orcs.. Hmm not really for me. I dont need a 100 % rp guild. I can RP my char in any guild i suppose. I am a samirai and need a home. I enjoy PVP but need to PVM to support my habit :)

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

Hello Kilo Kai

I usually don't take the time to respond threads like this, but I feel as though you have been mislead in a few areas. I'm not going to try to skew your decision in any way, but I will give you some facts that I believe may be of some assistance.

First off, MatronDeWinter, in my opinion, has a record of making posts on this forum with the sole intention to to start up unnecessary trash talk that isn't constructive. Therefore let me clarify some thing's that have been said in order to make your decision a bit easier.

PoV is a Light RP guild that proudly does exactly what it's mission statement says it does, which is helping others and defending (quite effectively) against those who commit or seek to commit crimes. I'm not exactly sure how you can "noto-pk" but PoV never murderers someone who is not guilty. However, your comment about not knowing how long you can go without being red, tells me that PoV may not be for you because all members must remain deeply committed to a strong belief in the cause.

I would also like to say that while my personal feelings about SoA may be that they are cowardly thugs, that is just because I RP the opposite side of things. My professional experience with them has been that they are quite active and stick to their purpose of playing the "Outlaw" character quite well.

I know for a fact that PoV is willing to help new players, and have no reason to believe that SoA wouldn't be willing to do the same.

K^A is quite active and also has a reputation for helping new players get started. I also know that they don't care as much if you are red or blue so you might fit nicely there.

Finally, there are many other guilds out there with good people in them. If you are just looking more for the PvP aspect of things, there are guild's that just PvP as much as possible out there. In my opinion, from the standpoint of a Guildmaster, it is better for potential recruits to take time exploring all possible options rather than rush into something that may not fit their play-style. Guilds don't like to invest time and resources in someone, only to have them jump ship to the opposite side of the RP spectrum a week later.
Last edited by Maleus on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilo Kai

Post by Kilo Kai »

Does Pov allow reds to remain in the guild if known criminals are/ have gone blue, does a KoS policy apply?

Maleus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Maleus »

We don't have a KoS policy for entire guilds. For instance, K^A has pks in it, but we don't attack their entire guild including blues. Only if they flag or go red. If a well known pk goes blue, or blue guild mates are helping red pks, it is ok to attack them if you are willing to take the counts. If you go red during this process your membership in the guild is safe, but you need to have a legitimate reason for going red. You are not allowed to be active on a red character while in PoV. If you go red, you are to macro off your counts in a house until blue, and going red is not something that should happen often.

Officer Narendra

Post by Officer Narendra »

There is also an up and coming Anti-thief guild, I hear. ;)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Officer Narendra wrote:There is also an up and coming Anti-thief guild, I hear. ;)
You mean anti-bank thief guild.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Officer Narendra wrote:There is also an up and coming Anti-thief guild, I hear. ;)
You mean anti-bank thief guild.
I also hear there is a bright blue bank thief guild with foul mouths. Can it be long before there is a war between them?

OP: I suggest you drop the idea of light RP entirely and focus on griefing PoV.

Galm(kB)

Post by Galm(kB) »

kB is looking for roleplayers we are a "outcast" type of guild we live on the land and hunt and pk sometimes but we are mostly a gang we dont roleplay in guild chat or party chat and dont show guild titles since we try to stay in the shadows most of the time when were out and about.

Return to “Guild Recruitment”