Going gray and can't figure out why

Topics related to Second Age
Pilgrim

Going gray and can't figure out why

Post by Pilgrim »

It's happened a few times and I don't know what the cause is. I don't do anything that would be considered a criminal action.

The other I had run into town after doing misc stuff and stood by the bank to go afk for about 10 minutes or so. When I came back, I saw the message that the guards could be called on me, and I was gray. It surprised me, and I was also surprised that nobody had attacked me. I ran out of town and eventually turned blue.

Tonight, I was out taming for a while, and was heading to the inn to log out when I got the message that the guards could be called on me, and got guard slaughtered instantly. So, I waited the 2 min to get res'd. I was blue for about 3 seconds and got the message the guards can be called on me again. I wondered if it could have something to do with my tamed creatures or something, but I rename and release every one of them. Is there something I could be missing? Or could there be a bug that something can cause you to become crimianal suddenly and randomly?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Going gray and can't figure out why

Post by DarkWing »

happened to me too

you must release your Tamed Agressive Pets before they get you into trouble
Pilgrim wrote:It's happened a few times and I don't know what the cause is. I don't do anything that would be considered a criminal action.

The other I had run into town after doing misc stuff and stood by the bank to go afk for about 10 minutes or so. When I came back, I saw the message that the guards could be called on me, and I was gray. It surprised me, and I was also surprised that nobody had attacked me. I ran out of town and eventually turned blue.

Tonight, I was out taming for a while, and was heading to the inn to log out when I got the message that the guards could be called on me, and got guard slaughtered instantly. So, I waited the 2 min to get res'd. I was blue for about 3 seconds and got the message the guards can be called on me again. I wondered if it could have something to do with my tamed creatures or something, but I rename and release every one of them. Is there something I could be missing? Or could there be a bug that something can cause you to become crimianal suddenly and randomly?

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Rarely anyone attacks greys at WBB.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Maybe casted blade spirits or summoned something, that hit an innocent and turned you grey?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

With my tamer, I had the letter T set to do "Next Humanoid Target" and the letter A set to "Attack Last". I would use ALT-SHIFT-Z to toggle on/off my hotkeys.

So when I go to stable my pets, if I accidentally left on my hotkeys, I get to "sta-" and before I can even type the "b", I'm guardwhacked from attacking the stablemaster.

Anyways my guess is it's an issue with your tames. But if you leave your hotkeys on when speaking, like I did sometimes, you can have issues as well.

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

do you poison food with the poisoning skill?
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Flash Hardstar wrote:do you poison food with the poisoning skill?
yes
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Lol, it was a question for the gentleman who cant figure out why he flags criminal randomly. Not for me :P
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Pretty sure Darkwing nailed it?

If you tame a mongbat, don't release, will the mongbat attack passing blues?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This is an unusual problem. Tamed pets, aggressive or not, shouldn't randomly attack innocent players (firebreathers were known to attack poisonous creatures, tamed or not, and are known to attack red players on sight although I don't know if we've replicated that here). Beyond that, I can't think of any actions that could randomly cause you to go grey after the action is complete (perhaps tinker traps, but there is no report of the murder counts also flagging you grey). Derrick will have to look in to this if he can.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pilgrim wrote:I wondered if it could have something to do with my tamed creatures or something, but I rename and release every one of them.
I know you could get in trouble on OSI releasing tames to kill someone (crim flag, murder counts). It shouldn't last for very long though... Not sure what era that was in. May be the case here.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

I feel uneasy about my tamer. I saw a guy another day at Vesper bank getting guard whacked and all his stuff getting looted (magic items, lots of gold, regs) . He came back and didn't know what happened. He said he got the "guards can now be called on you" and was flagged.

I saw in WBB, some person tamed a bunch of frenzied ostards, left them there, and they became wild again from "looking around desperately". Killed most people since they were afk. Only until some npcs got attacked, guards were called. Could this be it? Maybe the tamer is still responsible for the animal's actions shortly after they are released/go wild?

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

sorry for An Corp'ing an older thread, but this just happened to me. Not guard whacked, but went grey for about 5 minutes with no "criminal time" on my stat bar after about 280 seconds - Just grey. It has to have something to do with taming, as I tamed everything in t2a and went back to get more regs and couldn't open my bank box. Thank goodness I didn't get guard whacked because I had about 25 runes on me. Geez.

Has anyone pinpointed EXACTLY how this happens?

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

keelonzo wrote:sorry for An Corp'ing an older thread, but this just happened to me. Not guard whacked, but went grey for about 5 minutes with no "criminal time" on my stat bar after about 280 seconds - Just grey. It has to have something to do with taming, as I tamed everything in t2a and went back to get more regs and couldn't open my bank box. Thank goodness I didn't get guard whacked because I had about 25 runes on me. Geez.

Has anyone pinpointed EXACTLY how this happens?
This happened to me the other day while trying to tame a frenzy in T2A. It happened when I went to
heal it while it was grey, I waited a few minutes and it went blue. I got the message I was
able commit a crime.

Not sure why though.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

[/quote]
This happened to me the other day while trying to tame a frenzy in T2A. It happened when I went to
heal it while it was grey, I waited a few minutes and it went blue. I got the message I was
able commit a crime.

Not sure why though.[/quote]

The reason you're flagged as a criminal is because you're attempting to heal a creature that is a "criminal" because it aggroed you while you were taming it (and you are probably blue)

This is different - It actually JUST happened again. I went to recall and checked my color and as soon as I hit the rune I turned grey - again - didn't get a "this action may flag you" pop-up (of which I have turned on). Luckily I ran outa town and hid before GW'd. This is getting to be ridiculous!