House keys

Moderator: Support Moderators

Howl

House keys

Post by Howl »

So I bought a boat and noticed I could keep it in my bag without worrying it could be stolen or that it would decay over the course of a week if I didn't sign it.

What rules are in effect with house keys? Do you have two pairs, one on you an one in the bank? Are they lootable? Can they be blessed? Etc, etc.

Also, if I create another account and just have an alt character log off while he is standing in my house, when that alt signs back in will be inside or thrown outside?

I like the idea of getting a house but it sounds like it could be a potential nightmare.

Also, can people more or less steal your house? Eg gain the keys, change the locks, etc.

Howl

Re: House keys

Post by Howl »

Oh and more or less unrelated question... Can you put houses in the new 2nd age area?

Gracekain

Post by Gracekain »

2 keys lootable no blessed

you can friend an alt account to house and will have access to house.

wont be kicked unless friended or co-owned

Get a house!!!1

House cant be stolen. Keys only unlock doors. Lose a key go back to house and change locks.\

Threads
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=House

Germ

Post by Germ »

As Grace said, you'll get two copies of your key, one in your backpack and one in your bank.

If you lose your housekey, you can double click your sign (as the owner) and get your key back.

Anyone who logs out in your house that isn't friended/co-owned will pop back up outside, so just friend/co-own anyone you want to be able to log in your house.

You can get newbie copper keys as rares and make a copy of your housekey that would not be lootable unless you were a red, but this is a rare, and costs hundreds of thousands of gold.

You can't place houses in T2A.

Most people if they take their key out with them, will have the house secured by locking down tables to ensure that even if they lose their key, the thief/murderer/looter won't be able to get anything out of their house.

Germ

Howl

Post by Howl »

Thanks alot guys, I'd say your all very polite and wonderful but I was murdered 3 times yesterday so I guess you're not ALL awesome lol.

Also, does anyone have a link that shows all of the house layouts? The vendor sells them as deeds and I would like to be sure of the type of house I'm buying.

Oh, and is there even room anywhere? I see alot of houses but I imagine there'd still be space in some remote location

Coloram
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Coloram »

Not all of us are bad. This link to the wiki gives more info on the different types of houses - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=House

You will still be able to place a small house in lots of places, anything bigger and you will have to look around a bit for a spot.
Aldarian - DG

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

If you get a key ring you can place interior door keys on it, lock it down, and double click the keys to open the door. Just create a table barrier for the front door and leave the house public. It makes it alot easier. Just make sure to make your interior door keys before you make the house public. Or if you can, place a small store house near your house then secure a container in the small with your housekey,ship keys, inside.

This works for lockable containers too. Though a LPer can unlock a chest it will slow them down a little. Especially if you keep trapped containers in your house. Having a secure though even if the house is public no one will be able to access it. Not so with locked down containers.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”