Longterm Counts?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
benny-

Longterm Counts?

Post by benny- »

I saw this shard had reduced the longterm counts to the 8 hr as the shortterm....has there been any thought of restoring the sytem to the original 8 hr shortterm/40 hour longterm or similar? Ive been checking out this shard and it looks great so far, but blue-pking is a big turnoff for me.
- Elisud

Euph

Re: Longterm Counts?

Post by Euph »

afaik longterm counts were initiated after T2A, and this server is all about t2a accuracy.

Blue PKing isn't a horrible problem here, but as with any server you should be cautious of anyone you encounter in the field

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

Euph wrote:afaik longterm counts were initiated after T2A, and this server is all about t2a accuracy.

Blue PKing isn't a horrible problem here, but as with any server you should be cautious of anyone you encounter in the field
...long term counts were DEFINITELY in t2a. I remember fearing accidentally ping ponging to get into perma-red.

Thor

Post by Thor »

And the thing I like about our PKs are they are so darn nice... Give em' a decent fight and they will rez you. A lot even give back your stuff they don't need.

Now THAT'S class. Not like back in the day when you're overloaded with logs, running for your life on dial up and some stoned college kid on a T1 is hunting you down...

benny-

Post by benny- »

There were def. longterm counts in the t2a era. But besides the point of it being 8 or 40 hrs, the main difference is back during that era, one couldn't just macro their counts off. However, on free servers that allow unattended macroing and the like, one can burn off their counts and kill a few players everyday without losing their blue status, thus blue pks. Going red was a major part of the old gameplay, the idea was to apply freedoms to players, but with it, consequences. Freeshards that allow players to attack others on a whim with little repercussions? I think it really destroys an important part of that era.
- Elisud

Thor

Post by Thor »

I guess a decent point is that I don't remember EVER being attacked by a blue PK on OSI. They were all red, or tried to trick you into the whole "Let's spar" thing.

And in honesty I've been attacked by a lot more blues than reds. I don't dislike the system now, but I don't know as far as accuracy which way it was, or if it changed mid era... in which case we'd all be in a pickle :).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thor wrote:I guess a decent point is that I don't remember EVER being attacked by a blue PK on OSI. They were all red, or tried to trick you into the whole "Let's spar" thing.

And in honesty I've been attacked by a lot more blues than reds. I don't dislike the system now, but I don't know as far as accuracy which way it was, or if it changed mid era... in which case we'd all be in a pickle :).
It was changed mid-era.

This would make a good poll as this have been brought before, both systems can be considered accurate.

benny-

Post by benny- »

- Elisud