Guildtown customs display in overview?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
benny-

Guildtown customs display in overview?

Post by benny- »

Just a peeve of mine I suppose, but I never cared much for the few custom guildtowns we have on Secondage. The statics/items look good mind you, but none of these items display in the overview/radar. So when going through these areas you see these elaborate roads, fences, and such, but a completely blank radar image...it just looks unfinished and hastily done. Dunno, I've done building/deco work on a number of smaller shards, so perhaps I'm just picky about the quality of deco, but I think these custom areas would look a lot better and the overall look of the shard would seem more finished if these were updated.

The only conclusion I could come up with as to why these areas weren't finished was that it'd require custom files to be installed by the user...but as (I'm pretty sure) all of these items have been converted to statics, I don't see why we couldn't get an updated radarcol file to match.

Dunno, maybe I'm missing something, but I think it'd be a good improvement.
- Elisud

Gracekain

Re: Guildtown customs display in overview?

Post by Gracekain »

Thread on Player towns
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439

As for the mini map/ radar, its a waist of time to create the staidx0.mul and statics0.mul files needed to make these areas part of the server. Payer towns come and go, no need to make the items statics.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, it would be neat if world items (other than houses) appeared in the mini-map, but we can't get into sending out client updates everytime we change something.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

benny-

Post by benny- »

No doubt...I had thought that the items in player towns were statics...(I don't really go to many that often and was just guessing based off memory) and assumed that if custom files were already in place, then updating the radar image would be easy....but if you dont require custom files at all, then yea, while this would be nice, I can see why this would be more hassle than it's worth.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.
- Elisud