Guide: In-Game Events

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: PvP Events

Post by DrFaustus »

Can reds take stat loss in an event?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

No. You'll only take stat loss if you answer yes to a Resurrect menu. You are not given that option in events you are res'd automatically

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Thanks, wasn't sure.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

I am very new to this shard, so I am not sure about the weapon effects that were around on live servers. Do spears cause the same stun effect? Do maces break equipment faster? If so are those effects ignored in events as maces would be unable to tear down armor since there is no gear durability hit?

Sorry for the newb question,
Thanks.
-Warder

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Thesbus wrote:I am very new to this shard, so I am not sure about the weapon effects that were around on live servers. Do spears cause the same stun effect? Do maces break equipment faster? If so are those effects ignored in events as maces would be unable to tear down armor since there is no gear durability hit?

Sorry for the newb question,
Thanks.
-Warder
Spears do not stun. Maces do damage equipment and cause stamina loss but during the events there is no damage to weapons or armor.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Did spears do a stun type effect on live servers? I seem to recall using them against casters to help interrupt their castings.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Thesbus wrote:Did spears do a stun type effect on live servers? I seem to recall using them against casters to help interrupt their castings.
Not during T2A. This was added later.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Furync

Post by Furync »

What happens when you die in an event? You lose all your gear? You get "ported"?

If I have no experience in events, which ones should I try first?

Thanks!
Furync

MatronDeWinter wrote: You're likely the only T2A accurate blacksmith on the shard. Congrats

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There is no risk or loss of anything in these events. Most don't even consume reagents/pots/aids/etc

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Are magical item charges consumed in magic allowed events? Ive used em but never really payed much attention to the before and after.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Well time is available, can we get an update on the trophy list, the current one is way out of date. Some items are obtainable in-game now.. I would write one up, but I haven't dealt with trophies and the turn-in system since back in 08'..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

Phallax wrote:Are magical item charges consumed in magic allowed events? Ive used em but never really payed much attention to the before and after.
Took some stuff to a 1v1 last night, reflect does indeed get used up.
And wtf cant use tele items in arena matches?! =( so sads

So to answer my own question and helps others in the future, Yes magic item charges are consumed in pvp events.

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Ok I need some more clarification please. So let's take for example the 1v1 tournament with no pots no magics no poisoning and free use. I did it today and was able to wear my magic armor? Or does the magic AR resort back to the AR it would be if it wasn't magic? Also can I use healing wands in this tournament? Or is that only in the magics version of pvp tournaments?

Also about CTF and DD what all can you use what are the rules on that? Can you use magic items like jewelry and wands and stuff?

Was just confused by the guide on what you wear and not wear just want some clarification thank you.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, charges on weapons and clothing/jewlery do consume.

If you wear/use Magic items in a Non magic event, the items revert to their "store bought" properties while in the event. There is no durability loss in free-use areas though, so it's fine to grab the +35 Vanq Hally in a pinch and use it, it will not harm it any.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Oh that is awesome! Thank you sir!
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389