Guide: In-Game Events

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kasimir

Guide: In-Game Events

Post by Kasimir »

Guide : PvP Events

The PvP Events on UOSA are as follows:

Capture the Flag (CTF)
The objective of CTF is to reach a certain number of points before the other team. You can obtain points by capturing the other team's flag and returning to your flag with it (you may not return an opposing flag for points while your flag is being held) or by killing opposing team members. Once a team reaches the winning score (usually 65 points), they win and the members of that team receive trophies.

Double Domination (DD)
The objective of DD is to reach a certain number of points. You can obtain points through holding two designated zones (double dominating) by standing in the area for 10 seconds without interruption and by killing players of the opposing team. Once a team reaches the winning score (usually 40), they win and the members of that team receive trophies.

Deathmatch (DM)
DM is a free-for-all in which every player is fighting each other. The objective is to reach a certain number of points. The only way to obtain points is to kill other players, but you lose points by dying. Each player you kill is worth 5 points and the first player to reach the winning number of points (usually 50) is the winner. The top three players will receive a trophy.

Dueling Tournaments (1v1, 2v2, 3v3)
The objective of Dueling Tournaments is to be the last man or team standing in the ring. Depending on the type, Dueling Tournaments can vary on rule sets. Some tournaments will feature teams of players or just one player verses another. Some tournaments will allow magic weapons, but usually, magic weapons are not allowed. The usual settings for Dueling Tournaments are 1v1, Freeuse (meaning that resources are not consumed in the ring when used), and no magic weapons or armor.

Last Man Standing (LMS/FFA)
Last Man Standing is a free-for-all in which every player is fighting each other. The objective is to be the last player alive. When you die you are eliminated and removed from the fighting area. Summons and area effect spells are usually not allowed in this event. Other things such as potions, magic weapons, poison weapons will be subject to change. The last man standing will receive a trophy.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How do you get the flag? You retrieve the flag by double clicking on it when you are standing by it.

What will happen to my mount? When the event begins, your pet will be placed in that event's Sign-up room until you retrieve it following the event (even if you are mounted when the event begins).

*Let me know if I left anything out or said something incorrectly.

Thor

Re: Guide: PvP Events

Post by Thor »

This is really needed. New players come in and have no idea about the event details. Here are some questions that my brother and I both had the first time we did events.

In which events are items consumed?
How do you get the flag?
If you don't pick a partner in 2v2, 3v3 will one be assigned?
How do I know if the flag carrier is on my team, or the other?
What will happen to my mount?

And there are other things that we wouldn't have guessed such as being able to access your bank within the prep area.

Anyway, just a thought that they could be made a bit clear for those who are trying it out for the first time.

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

Very excellent content Thor. I appreciate that. Please keep them coming guys.

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

Thor wrote:This is really needed. New players come in and have no idea about the event details. Here are some questions that my brother and I both had the first time we did events.

In which events are items consumed?
How do you get the flag?
If you don't pick a partner in 2v2, 3v3 will one be assigned?
How do I know if the flag carrier is on my team, or the other?
What will happen to my mount?

And there are other things that we wouldn't have guessed such as being able to access your bank within the prep area.

Anyway, just a thought that they could be made a bit clear for those who are trying it out for the first time.
The PvM event Survival is the only one that will consume your resources, however you can loot the monsters.

It should also be noted in CTF that if you are the flag carrier, the flag will be in the top level of your backpack. To return the flag for points, you must go to your team's flag, double-click the opposing team's flag in your backpack, then click your own team's flag. If your team's flag is not there, that means the other team has it and you cannot gain points until your flag is returned and is on the pedestal.

Regarding flag carriers, if a player has a flag on them, they are gold. Opposing team members have orange names, while your team members have green names.

Partners will not be assigned to you in 2v2, or 3v3. You will be a one man team if no one has joined you.

Also important to note that there are stables and a bank at every event. Some events also have mage vendors.

Edit:

Trophies:
Double Domination & CTF: First place team leader, everyone else on the winning team, and second place team leader gets a trophy.
Deathmath: Top three players get a trophy.
Survival: Last man alive gets a tropy.
1v1, 2v2, 3v3: Less than 10 players, first place player/team gets a trophy. For 10+ players, there is a second place trophy, and the first place player/team gets a verite trophy. For 25+ players, first place player/team gets valorite trophy.

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

Thank you Silverfoot for your input - keep it coming guys.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

It'd be nice if in ctf your flag carrier is gold but the opposing teams flag carrier is like ice blue or something. Because if you are running by and you see a gold person you don't know whos flag he has unless you do AllNames.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mr.T wrote:It'd be nice if in ctf your flag carrier is gold but the opposing teams flag carrier is like ice blue or something. Because if you are running by and you see a gold person you don't know whos flag he has unless you do AllNames.
This is a very good point, thanks Mr T. I'll see what I can do.

Gund

Post by Gund »

Im pretty bad at pvp (char is almost finished) and okay at PvM, what events are a bit more friendly to new players?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gund wrote:Im pretty bad at pvp (char is almost finished) and okay at PvM, what events are a bit more friendly to new players?
Bag Ball, for which we have not yet posted rules requires no skills at all, even playing flield for everyone.

In almost all cases, there's no risk but your time in joining events, resources don't get consumed and you can't lose your gear.

lonewolf_cody

Post by lonewolf_cody »

I was just wondering if potions were included in the list of things not consumable? Or anything else one might not think of.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

lonewolf_cody wrote:I was just wondering if potions were included in the list of things not consumable? Or anything else one might not think of.
All potions except purple pot and explosion potions are free use.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

purple pot - explosion pot!!!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

lonewolf_cody wrote:I was just wondering if potions were included in the list of things not consumable? Or anything else one might not think of.
All potions except purple pot and poison potions are free use.

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

How do weapons/armor work exactly?

With say...a halberd of power? Will the weapon be downgraded to the highest possible durability/power allowed in the tourney?

Do "used" weapons of exceptional quality get "upgraded" to unused status?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

DrFaustus wrote:How do weapons/armor work exactly?

With say...a halberd of power? Will the weapon be downgraded to the highest possible durability/power allowed in the tourney?
The magic properties are simply disregarded, so a brand new Vanq weapon will act just like a brand new storebought weapon.
DrFaustus wrote:Do "used" weapons of exceptional quality get "upgraded" to unused status?
No, they will work as exactly what they are.

Also, Weapons and Armor take no durability loss (wear) in free-use events, so there's no harm in bringing that Vanq Hally, it's that's all you happen to have.