Torny Rules!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
CABALLERO

Torny Rules!

Post by CABALLERO »

Well, I dont if its the best place to post about it but here we go...
I would like to understand why poisoned weapons are not allowed on tournaments and poison spell is allowed??
Poison skill is very hard to train and I dont think its unfair because mages are much stronger then warrior on the shard.
If I get poisoned by a mage with a spell, I spend about 10 seconds to cure myself and then more 10 seconds to heal me because potions are not allowed too, with these 20 seconds I will be dead for sure with some explosions and energy bolts.
Thats it....thank you!

Derrick

Re: Torny Rules!

Post by Derrick »

CABALLERO wrote:Well, I dont if its the best place to post about it but here we go...
I would like to understand why poisoned weapons are not allowed on tournaments and poison spell is allowed??
Poison skill is very hard to train and I dont think its unfair because mages are much stronger then warrior on the shard.
If I get poisoned by a mage with a spell, I spend about 10 seconds to cure myself and then more 10 seconds to heal me because potions are not allowed too, with these 20 seconds I will be dead for sure with some explosions and energy bolts.
Thats it....thank you!
I'd love to hear some constructive feedback from this from players

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Then you will have people coming to the tournament with posioned weapons already without having the poisoning skill.

venox

Post by venox »

weapons should be allowed to be poisoned once the event has begun.
thus allowing those with poison skill 2 utilize it.
maybe keep a limit 2 the type of poison for tounry.

or wipe all poison

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

maybe, only let poisoners use poisoned weapons, if mages can precast, let poisoners pre-poison their weapons with whatever poison they can apply.

alatar

Post by alatar »

If this were to be allowed I think nothing should change except allow the use of the poisoning skill inside the arena. Continue to restrict bringing pre-poisoned weapons. Though I think the level usable should be restricted, to maybe greater poison tops..

It's hard to say what tournament rules should be, because in T2A there are such few templates.. It's not like we can have 5x & 7x duels.. That (at least to me) is a true tournament.. But there is no stun here, nor does poison block heal.. I was brought up practicing & dueling pvp based on Publish 15 / Siege Perilous rules tho..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

bringing pre-poisoned weapons into the tournament should not be allowed.

i do feel that a player should be able to poison their weapon in battle.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

CABALLERO

Post by CABALLERO »

I think a player without poisoning skill should not be able to poison another guy.
I dont mean on a torny, but never!!

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

If you have poisoning you should be allowed to use poisoned weapons. If you have alchemy you should be allowed to use potions.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Thor

Post by Thor »

I'd like to see pots. It's a great point that once a dexer is poisoned he's done, BUT then that is negated if the dexer keeps interrupting spells. If the worry is that pots will make matches last too long, I say forget that. People tend to complain about longer fights, but those are usually the most involved and complex.

I guess it kinda balances itself out in the end... Just need to make sure you have the right weapon for the right opponent.

Thor

Post by Thor »

People should be able to buy products and use them in the game, no question. That's the point of a living economy. If I can't poison my blades but you can, I pay you and get it.

In the tourney, IDK. I think it depends on the goal.

Are we trying to make things as even as possible between mages and dexers? If so the current rule isn't TOO bad because mages can be disrupted.

If the idea is to be "Fair" I don't know what that would mean. Everyone has an equal chance to kill everyone else? Not possible. Pots give EVERYONE an advantage, but especially warriors who can't cure very well.

Of course, the warrior with a bit of magery should be able to cast...

Just thoughts...

qtip

Post by qtip »

I disagree with pot chugging if you're an alchemist. That opens up a lot of cans with even more worms.

However I like the idea of being able to poison your weapon once the match has begun IF you possess the poisoning skill.

Thor

Post by Thor »

Are we trying to re-create realisitic PvP or just have a fun and somewhat equal combat experience? I guess realistic PvP can't be recreated because we can't lose things. At the same time, I'm yet to run into a PvPer with DPed weapons...

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Thor wrote:At the same time, I'm yet to run into a PvPer with DPed weapons...
I run around with a DP'd weapon about 90% of the time :D

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

johttenn wrote:maybe, only let poisoners use poisoned weapons, if mages can precast, let poisoners pre-poison their weapons with whatever poison they can apply.
Mages can precast poison once in the fight, it's not like they cast it on Monday and it's waiting for them for the tournament on Saturday like you can do when you poison a weapon. It's not THAT pre!