Experimental: Meditation

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Experimental: Meditation

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

After the new meditation changes I started a new character. I began the old "hat trick" and it stopped at 42. I raised dex and lowered intel with snooping. I then locked intel down to 20. I started meditating using the hat trick again and began to see gains once more.

I choose 20 because thats what I need to cast 6th circle at. I will be casting at 4th circle however.

I dont know what effect this will have in the long run. I will be training resist, magery, and evaluating intelligence for more intel later. If I need to I may use camping to polish the stat off. It seems unlikely I will need to however.

Locking intel at 10 using the "hat trick" to meditate right off might be beneficial it might not.

I am just acknowledging my findings to you, and its up to you to do whatever with that information.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

robz

Re: Experimental: Meditation

Post by robz »

The changes with meditation did not make any changes as far as gains go.
What you did here would have worked before the recent change.

Meditation just does not gain passively while meditating.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14664

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

robz wrote:The changes with meditation did not make any changes as far as gains go.
What you did here would have worked before the recent change.

Meditation just does not gain passively while meditating.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14664
The change with meditation has impacted gains considerably. Instead of receiving an active gain plus several passive gains during a single meditation, there is now only one single check for active gain.

Highest chance for meditation skill gain is to multiply your int times your meditation skill and meditate when your mana has reduced by that much.

If you have 10 int, and 40 meditation skill, you effectively need to meditate when you're roughly at 6 mana (10 * 40% = 4; 10 - 4 = 6). This means if you have 5 mana, you've considerably increased your chance to fail, and if you have 7 mana, you've considerably increased your chance to meditate (no chance to fail = no chance to gain.)

Playing with small numbers might be a little more easy to control with in-game drinking, however I think it also makes it more difficult to hit your "sweet spot" for meditation.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

akumaizer
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by akumaizer »

hiicha wrote: The change with meditation has impacted gains considerably. Instead of receiving an active gain plus several passive gains during a single meditation, there is now only one single check for active gain.
Most definitely it has impacted it. The first two mages I trained GM'd Meditation without using any hat or drinking tricks. Med was built into my Magery macro and it was GM long before Magery was.

I recently created a character, mage-fisherman to be. By habit I raised his INT to 100 through camping before starting to train magery, which I started yesterday. Using the same old macro I did before, med is going up very poorly. It was at 45 when I quit last night while magery was around 80. If I would have known then what I know now I would have tried methods archaic described locking INT rather low and trying these tricks. Still considering lowering INT by snooping and giving it a shot.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Just saying dropping my intelligence when the hat trick seemed to have stopped gave me gains.
As I locked intel it kept me from gaining intelligence and thereby kept the gap from widening between gaining and stagnancy.
Passive med has nothing to do with it as I was meditating every 10 seconds.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

robz

Post by robz »

Tip: have yourself say something after you use the meditation skill, it will keep you at the same mana longer by interrupting your successful meds.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Ah, I see where you are getting at. If you are looping it your last time meditating will be interrupted, so put another meditation sequence in after the loop if needed.

Really nice tip.
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

robz wrote:Tip: have yourself say something after you use the meditation skill, it will keep you at the same mana longer by interrupting your successful meds.
That is a really good idea. Equipping or unequipping something would be much better, as spamming tends to get you squelched (unless your tucked away in your home.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

robz wrote:Tip: have yourself say something after you use the meditation skill, it will keep you at the same mana longer by interrupting your successful meds.
Nice!

I have GM'd 2 mages since the meditation patch and while I do see the difference, it's been GM before magery every time.

robz

Post by robz »

Nice Matron.
Nice to know meditation should gm faster than magery still.

robz

Post by robz »

hiicha wrote:
That is a really good idea. Equipping or unequipping something would be much better, as spamming tends to get you squelched (unless your tucked away in your home.)
That works too, but typing a period every 10 seconds at MOST is hardly spamming imo

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

robz wrote:
hiicha wrote:
That works too, but typing a period every 10 seconds at MOST is hardly spamming imo
One of my chars was squelched for typing a period every 10 secs while macroing hiding. Just sayin'

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

FWIW, you don't need to unhide yourself when training hiding. Your attempt to hide while already hidden has the same success rate as it would while you were visible.

But, that's a ridiculous squelching.

Return to “Guides”