The Rumors are True...

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Sir Vellucius

The Rumors are True...

Post by Sir Vellucius »

These are the times that try men's souls... The Dark Ages.

There is a light within this world of darkness that bears fruit of virtues. It is the Ankh; that which symbolizes Life. We are few in number and calling out to those who are brave enough to test their own self and become Knights under the three principles of Virtue; truth, love and courage. Join us, the Champions of the Ankh, and begin a journey like no other you've experienced before on Sosaria as we gather Knights strewn across the world and push back the forces of evil from our beloved kingdom. For Lord British, King of Brittannia.

See our site for more details (still undergoing construction).

http://championsoftheankh.webs.com/

(Note: We are a loosely based casual Roleplay guild. We are not hardcore and it is not hard to learn our RP standards and expectancies, nor is it any harder to play by them. See our site for more on Roleplay within our guild)
Guildmaster, Champions of the Ankh

uofuntime

Re: The Rumors are True...

Post by uofuntime »

An amazing guild and site! glad there are more roleplayers out there!

Wow! Browsing through your site. Hope to bump into you guys one day. =)

btw no females in your guild right?

Sir Vellucius

Post by Sir Vellucius »

uofuntime wrote: btw no females in your guild right?
Hah, females are allowed yes. It is the soul, not the gender, that seeks virtue.

Thanks for your comments by the way

*nods with a smile*

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Hey there, glad to see another guild with a similar outlook!

I am sure Zsv, PoV and FoW will be glad to see you in Brittania *grin*.

Sir Vellucius

Post by Sir Vellucius »

Psilo wrote:Hey there, glad to see another guild with a similar outlook!

Their paths may be bright, but there is a reason for our separate roles as Knights within the same world. Within your heart, if it is true, you will know the difference between these other guilds and us, the Champions of the Ankh... For those who cannot know, their path lies elsewhere.

Vincent Alucard

Post by Vincent Alucard »

Let the light cut through the darkness. From the brink of the chaos and destruction that plaques these lands, new stars are born.

Let us not forget the Avatar who vanquished Mondain in the first age of darkness. Has he been forgotten? It was he who stood against the evil when no one else would.

The dawn of a new era is upon us.

"By the gods above, I swear it."

Dionysus0

Post by Dionysus0 »

I would like to think that Zsv is more of postmodern anti-grief guild, not heavy handed or formalistic with duties and rank. We have a preference against griefing and commit to stop or at least abstain from griefing, but won't say there is an absolute moral right or wrong (such as your guild), just differing perspectives. Without guilds like Zsv, UO would be overrun with grieffers, and make the shard a lot less diverse and enjoyable.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Sir Vellucius wrote:

Their paths may be bright, but there is a reason for our separate roles as Knights within the same world. Within your heart, if it is true, you will know the difference between these other guilds and us, the Champions of the Ankh... For those who cannot know, their path lies elsewhere.
Well one difference I can see between our outlooks is that your guild doesn't attack any blues for simply "being blue". I understand why you would do this, but Zsv for instance knows that not all blues are innocent and not all greys are criminals. We see through these illusions that confuse the minds of Brittanians on a daily basis.

We must bring justice to all who cause crimes throughout these lands in order to bring about a balance, even if that means attacking a blue and receiving a murder count. It is this that we commend of our members, as does PoV. A red pk is no worse than a blue pk. We seem them as the same. We may not be the upholders of Lord British's Virtues but I believe what we do for Brittania is for the better.

Examples of blue pks/griefer guilds:
-3-
TG
RIP
MHK
ACE

ect.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

We don't have any blue pks..

I demand some clarification on your claims.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't help but put your own words in perspective... We now see who the "blue pks" really are...

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/72638
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Failivrin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Failivrin »

Psilo wrote:
Sir Vellucius wrote:
Psilo wrote:
-3-
TG
RIP
MHK
ACE

ect.
R U COLOR BLIND?
Here exists only one rule, do what ever you want, using any means possible, welcome to UOSA.
- Regards, Failivrin aka Kheran, Nazgul, Falasquil

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Dionysus0 wrote:I would like to think that Zsv is more of postmodern anti-grief guild, not heavy handed or formalistic with duties and rank. We have a preference against griefing and commit to stop or at least abstain from griefing, but won't say there is an absolute moral right or wrong (such as your guild), just differing perspectives. Without guilds like Zsv, UO would be overrun with grieffers, and make the shard a lot less diverse and enjoyable.
Are you kidding me?

Sir Vellucius

Post by Sir Vellucius »

Psilo wrote:
Sir Vellucius wrote:

Well one difference I can see between our outlooks is that your guild doesn't attack any blues for simply "being blue". I understand why you would do this, but Zsv for instance knows that not all blues are innocent and not all greys are criminals. We see through these illusions that confuse the minds of Brittanians on a daily basis.

We must bring justice to all who cause crimes throughout these lands in order to bring about a balance, even if that means attacking a blue and receiving a murder count. It is this that we commend of our members, as does PoV. A red pk is no worse than a blue pk. We seem them as the same. We may not be the upholders of Lord British's Virtues but I believe what we do for Brittania is for the better.

-3-
TG
RIP
MHK
ACE

ect.
My friend, it is not a difference that earns one the right to boast. It is a difference in pride... It's not even that "kind" of difference in which ye speak. You see, we acknowledge the existence of all evils in Britannia, however we know that if we are to truly change this world, it is within ourselves that the most change must occur; our souls tempered within the Forge of Virtue. This why we are based around the Virtues, for they will teach us many things and give us the tools to teach as well. We depend on the fellowship and brotherhood between one another, not the reputation that exceeds a name or the crusade that we campeign. It is a true guild, one that knows its role by design and one whose purpose is not of the same agenda that previous guilds of our likeness have made their own. Let it not be judged by size, glamour or reputation, but by truth, camaraderie and purity.. Closely informing yourself through our continuously updated site, in time, you may begin to see what it is exactly that I am trying to explain, friend... However, if it be something your heart cannot see, your true path may simply lie elsewhere, lad, which is not a bad thing; One would think that another guild of select similar natures in a murderous world would rejoice at the simple fact that there are more warriors on the battlefront to face evil.

Let not the petty differences of self pride come between us if we may aid one another in our individual causes, noble adventurer. The competition is not betwixt you and I, but between Good and Evil. Reassure your alignment and carry on thy kings quest as will we, friend, and know that in thy darkest hours, (forbid they ever fall upon thee), ye may call upon us to thine aid. We are similar, you and I, but not the same, respectfully.

*nods and salutes in honor*

(OOC: In a nutshell, we're not a power-guild and aren't looking for power-players. We are simply looking for like-minded individuals who can see the true depth of Ultima Online and create a story to remember and tell down the road.)

Kryptokuddlelite
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptokuddlelite »

Blue pk/grief guild eh????....LOL simply take a look at the uosecondage page....simply type ACE under guild search....count how many "murderers" we have....then mention "blue pk"...LOL i laugh at your claims rp boy
Image]

Sir Vellucius

Post by Sir Vellucius »

Dionysus0 wrote:I would like to think that Zsv is more of postmodern anti-grief guild, not heavy handed or formalistic with duties and rank. We have a preference against griefing and commit to stop or at least abstain from griefing, but won't say there is an absolute moral right or wrong (such as your guild), just differing perspectives. Without guilds like Zsv, UO would be overrun with grieffers, and make the shard a lot less diverse and enjoyable.
I believe the fine line of difference here in which ye speak is the Roleplay factor, my friend. I'm nay too familiar with the roles of other guilds, nor will I probably become very involved in their affairs either, but I can tell ye that in a community there is diversity. What we both offer players is similar, but not the same. Casual gameplay and roleplay are two entirely different experiences of the same instance. You offer one, we offer the other. Aye?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:We don't have any blue pks..

I demand some clarification on your claims.

EDIT: Also, I couldn't help but put your own words in perspective... We now see who the "blue pks" really are...

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/72638
R
O
F
L