Terathan Keep - Movement Speed!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Crowhurst

Terathan Keep - Movement Speed!

Post by Crowhurst »

I understand I've been very pressing on this topic in-game but have not posted anything here yet. I have been trying to get the movement speeds in the Terathan Keep increased like they were when I started playing UOSA last year. Why they were ever slowed down is beyond me. EVERYTHING in the Terathan Keep moves like it has 10 HP left. This makes it Disney Land compared to the way it was. Bards are in there proving with one hand behind their back and looters are running in without horses and taking from corpses with ease. The other day I was brought down by a naked dexxer because I was bugged and couldn't cast any spells I had no other choice but to try and shake him off in the depths of the ophidian cave.. A naked dexxer should not be able to fly through caves full of high end casters, DPers and dragons and make it out alive with half health on the way back because of my defensive hally hits before dying. It was ridiculous to watch him dangle a crippled looking dragon and fly through ophidians like hes Chris Johnson. Also, the aggro timer is a little off. It takes about 5-8 seconds for the mobs to target you if you don't attack them yourself (in the ophidian cave only. The terras in the swamp attack you very quickly *thumbs up*). Back in the day a dexxer or even a tamer wouldn't dare go beneath the terra keep without a death wish. The Terrathan Keep Basement should be the most dangerous place in Ultima Online.

I used to be able to pull almost everything out of that ophidian cave at once because of the nice 'snake-like' flowing speed of the ophidians (this is not easy to do) and bring it into the swamp, hide and let the terras fight 'em off automatically. Now it is tedious having to walk ahead and walk back then teleport ahead and walk back because trotting on a horse is to fast for them to keep up. Walking back towards a mob of ophidians that is slowly following you in order to get the stragglers is almost a sure death from something that shouldn't be happening.

Also, the one dragon at the bottom of the cave is the worst. He takes about one step every 3 seconds and stops following me from under 15 tiles away, he just sits there like hes a lost baby in a supermarket. Its terrible! The dragon and the ophidian matriarch used to follow me even if I were 2-3 SCREENS away as long as I got the angles right.

Please Please Please fix this! I have been trying to get you to do it for months and months. I know you say over and over that you will get around to it but I just don't feel you have it on high priority. It is probably the biggest era-inaccurate thing happening. Thanks.

Sandro

Re: Terathan Keep - Movement Speed!

Post by Sandro »

I believe that the dual balron room would be the most dangerous place in Ultima Online.

There may not be a lot of mobs, but nobody would survive 15 seconds in there without the invisibility spell.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The Teratheans and Ophidians both got a speed bump in this mornings mini-patch. Giant Serpents and Elder Gazers will move a little faster as well.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

I agree with, some of the higher end mobs especially are too blow. And I remember ophidians and terrathans being more dangerous for sure.

This would also help people fight off pks, what's a dungeon without the dangerous spawns that existed in OSI = )

Peacemaking should mean something, currently it's not as useful as it could be since some of the speeds messed up.

I will go see how it is not though!

Crowhurst

Post by Crowhurst »

Thanks Derrick thanks alot!

Now I fear I may have increased population in the terra keep lol... Guys dont go down there its to dangerous, especially for PKs!

Crowhurst

Post by Crowhurst »

Sandro wrote:I believe that the dual balron room would be the most dangerous place in Ultima Online.

There may not be a lot of mobs, but nobody would survive 15 seconds in there without the invisibility spell.

Which would be in the terrathan keep

platypus

Post by platypus »

I remember a few months back, balrons were ridiculously easy to kill; a little harder than a daemon. Then they were made INSANELY hard with that big monster patch. They insta-attacked (as they do now), did 100+ damage per hit and were the speed of a white wyrm. I remember digging up a level 5 map and 2 balrons spawned. I had 8 dragons, which were taken down in less than 2 minutes by the 2 balrons. A friend came with at least 5 dragons after I died, and all of his dragons died as well. I pulled the rest of my dragons (10-15) out of the stables, went back, and half of those dragons died before the 2 balrons were finally dead.

Although I didn't like getting my ass handed to me by a couple balrons, I kinda would like to see a monster in the game being era-inaccurately difficult again. With everyone on the shard being 7X GM tamers or bards, it would actually present PvMers with a challenge. I know it won't happen, but its sad to see newbs who've been here for a week or two taking down the AW/balrons with ease since they rarely dispel. Its also sad that I can farm anywhere in the game or successfully complete a level 5 map with 2-3 dragons. In actual T2A it would have taken an entire guild to accomplish these tasks.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

platypus wrote:I remember a few months back, balrons were ridiculously easy to kill; a little harder than a daemon. Then they were made INSANELY hard with that big monster patch. They insta-attacked (as they do now), did 100+ damage per hit and were the speed of a white wyrm. I remember digging up a level 5 map and 2 balrons spawned. I had 8 dragons, which were taken down in less than 2 minutes by the 2 balrons. A friend came with at least 5 dragons after I died, and all of his dragons died as well. I pulled the rest of my dragons (10-15) out of the stables, went back, and half of those dragons died before the 2 balrons were finally dead.

Although I didn't like getting my ass handed to me by a couple balrons, I kinda would like to see a monster in the game being era-inaccurately difficult again. With everyone on the shard being 7X GM tamers or bards, it would actually present PvMers with a challenge. I know it won't happen, but its sad to see newbs who've been here for a week or two taking down the AW/balrons with ease since they rarely dispel. Its also sad that I can farm anywhere in the game or successfully complete a level 5 map with 2-3 dragons. In actual T2A it would have taken an entire guild to accomplish these tasks.
When precisely did balrons do 100 damage? If you dont have vet, then yeah, your dragons are gonna get hurt. But if you have veterinary, a dragon can easily take down a balron without gettin much below 80% or so.