Quick question -- maybe Faust and others know.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Quick question -- maybe Faust and others know.

Post by Fwerp »

I was reading http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/update. ... dex-2.html , and it struck me that when O/C was first introduced, ALL Order/Chaos players were Green or Orange (respectively) to you if you were a member of an O/C guild. If I recall right, this did not last that long -- a couple of months perhaps, but that period of time might make up the lionshare of UOSA's target time frame. I am inclined to think this may well be the case, given that this is described in the same FAQ that was sourced to change murder counts in a recent patch note.

And, just to be 100% clear about what I am proposing (if it is in fact accurate): If you are in an order guild, all chaos players appear orange to you, but ALL order guild members appear green to you, regardless of their individual guild affiliation (and vice-versa).

I will leave the fame/red debate for another day =).

platy

Re: Quick question -- maybe Faust and others know.

Post by platy »

I don't remember this tbh..
Although I didn't join O/C until a few months after T2A's release..
Maybe that was why the original factions had this- b/c they wanted to try it again (But also was quickly patched out)
Sorry I couldn't be more definitive- but I'm interested in this as well.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Anyone in your alignment (even if they are a different guild) should be the same color I believe

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3823

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I guess the question then is, when was it changed to how it is on live UOSA?

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Well, it appears that as of 10/1/98, "[t]he Fame requirement or joining and staying in order/chaos guilds will be removed."

I could not find anything about the change in the original post, though.

Again, I am sure that it was eventually changed so that people from the same affiliation (viz., order or chaos) were merely blue and not green, but I don't remember how long it took. I have a hard time believing it was a full-year, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

I would say that in light of the patch notes, the burden of proof now lies with those who want to keep the status quo, and that this entails producing evidence that the system in place now was in place during the '98-'99 time frame. I can only defer to evidence, because I simply do not remember when it was changed.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The older guild system should be put in place since it's accurate and more interesting in my opinion.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I remember this, and used to kill greens all the time :D
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

Iam thinking the fwerp might have something here.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

son wrote:I remember this, and used to kill greens all the time :D
+1
When you joined O/C you were essentially going up against everyone else in any O/C guild.

Mordalf
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mordalf »

I think putting the colors back in would go along way to push to original Order/Chaos idea. Order was supposed to be those guilds that were helping Lord British restore the virtues to the land. Chaos were those guilds who thought Lord Blackthorn's version of the virtues and how to enforce them were a better idea. Thus the war between order and chaos, which was also the war between Brittish and Blackthorn. (The original SL also stated that they formed the factions to help the country side not be torn apart in an all out war, but rather that they could then win though the actions of their factions and whos ideals took the best hold.)

As I have said on other threads right now all order or chaos seems to mean is which shield design you get to wear. if you check most of the chaos guilds they are at war with as many If not more chaos guilds than order guilds. Also this would aid in spawning more order vs chaos events. (its easy to get a faction fight going if you see a green and an orange going at it, and you happen to be green or orange. People tend to notice more when the colors pop out at them. Also not all order or chaos memeber carry their shield at all times so this would aid in telling guilds apart for other faction members.) This would also help insite order and chaos warfare because it would help remove doubt as to if a target will turn you red, if its in an allied faction, or if it is fair game.

I'm not sure that most order/chaos players here even know what the point of the two factions are, or that they are warring agenst each other. It seems most guilds are just saying "ohh we're good guys we're order" or "ohh we're bad guys we're chaos". By adding the colors it would go a long way towards adding some of the faction unity that used to exist during second age This would also make guilds take notice of what guilds are in what faction, which would spur a little more consideration into choosing a faction beyond what shield they get to wear.
GM editor (I've clicked edit enough times)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This will be in next publish.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Wonder if the infamous fix will be included where a murderer shouldn't be allowed in an Order/Chaos guild?

This is just another portion of the old guild system that isn't correct right now too.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, thanks for the catch, this has been a long time coming.

Players that are muderers, and currently in shield guilds will be grandfathered unless they are subsequently reported for murder.

This will be in the next publish.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mordalf
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mordalf »

Cheers and exaltations to the staff!!!

HIP HIP HIZZAH! HIP HIP HIZZAH! HIP HIP HIZZAH!!(sorry felt you guys could use the bost to moral LOL)
GM editor (I've clicked edit enough times)

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Awesome I am very excited for this change!

I hope the patch comes soon lol.