Last skill choice

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Last skill choice

Post by Kabal »

If I drop detect hidden on this guy, what should I replace it with?

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/115742
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Anon

Re: Last skill choice

Post by Anon »

wrestle... pure and simple

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Resisting Spells
Evaluate Intelligence
Wrestling

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I would go hiding; I use that same template except hiding instead of detect hidden, I can easily solo devious maps, and it makes cleaning out dungeon chests cake. Telehide ftw.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

hiicha wrote:I would go hiding; I use that same template except hiding instead of detect hidden, I can easily solo devious maps, and it makes cleaning out dungeon chests cake. Telehide ftw.
EXACTLY. 100% agree.

Anon

Post by Anon »

that template is so close to my bard, and i made a seperate char for t hunting/fishing....

i just assumed you would not want to drop carto, BUT item/money farming wise

provo
music
hide
lock pick
wrestle
magery
med

FTW

not that bards or cartogs are the best at money farming anyway but ya kno :/

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I would narrow it down to resist or hiding...
as a bard mage you'll be keeping your distance so you could work around wrestling, but with Balrons and Lich Lords resist seems almost necessary
just to pull the other way from the hiding debate as there is always invisible.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Layt

Post by Layt »

It really comes down to what you want to do with this character.

If...
-He's a lvl 5 tmap soloer, Eval Int. Will make for cleaning up monsties much easier.
-He's doing any sort of pvp, Resist. Self explanatory.
-He's trying to run away from any/all pvp, wrestling. On a template like this, wrestling's sole purpose is getting a recall off before death. If you don't see yourself needing this, don't get wrestling.

DO NOT pick hiding. As a general rule of thumb, IMO, you should never ever waste points on skills that you can cast. This is primarily healing/hiding. Huge waste of points for something you can do with a quick spell. In the occasional instances where you need an insta-hide, such as the initial spawn of a tmap chest, USE JEWELRY. YOU'RE A TREASURE HUNTER. You'll have invis rings coming out of your ears.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Layt wrote:DO NOT pick hiding. As a general rule of thumb, IMO, you should never ever waste points on skills that you can cast. This is primarily healing/hiding. Huge waste of points for something you can do with a quick spell. In the occasional instances where you need an insta-hide, such as the initial spawn of a tmap chest, USE JEWELRY. YOU'RE A TREASURE HUNTER. You'll have invis rings coming out of your ears.
As a TREASURE HUNTER, it would make sense to use a free skill to hide and sell those invis items at 200-300g a charge.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Layt

Post by Layt »

hiicha wrote:
Layt wrote:DO NOT pick hiding. As a general rule of thumb, IMO, you should never ever waste points on skills that you can cast. This is primarily healing/hiding. Huge waste of points for something you can do with a quick spell. In the occasional instances where you need an insta-hide, such as the initial spawn of a tmap chest, USE JEWELRY. YOU'RE A TREASURE HUNTER. You'll have invis rings coming out of your ears.
As a TREASURE HUNTER, it would make sense to use a free skill to hide and sell those invis items at 200-300g a charge.
If you can find me someone who pays 200g+/charge, I can sell 5% of my invis items on hand and have enough money to buy a house for every single new player from now to 2012.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Layt wrote:It really comes down to what you want to do with this character.

If...
-He's a lvl 5 tmap soloer, Eval Int. Will make for cleaning up monsties much easier.
-He's doing any sort of pvp, Resist. Self explanatory.
-He's trying to run away from any/all pvp, wrestling. On a template like this, wrestling's sole purpose is getting a recall off before death. If you don't see yourself needing this, don't get wrestling.

DO NOT pick hiding. As a general rule of thumb, IMO, you should never ever waste points on skills that you can cast. This is primarily healing/hiding. Huge waste of points for something you can do with a quick spell. In the occasional instances where you need an insta-hide, such as the initial spawn of a tmap chest, USE JEWELRY. YOU'RE A TREASURE HUNTER. You'll have invis rings coming out of your ears.
In order:

- No. Eval might double your average damage of an Ebolt. But you can instead just cast it twice. Usually at the end of a map, I have one monster left, and he's typically suffering from level 5 poison. He'll be dead soon.
- No. If you're doing any sort of pvp with music, provo, cartography and lockpicking on your template, you're mentally unsound. Self explanatory.
- OK, I guess.

You can certainly use invis jewelry as opposed to hiding, I guess. In that case, I'd GM wrestling, just to avoid 50% of the Balron swings that hit you immediately when you pull up a chest. But I find hiding to be much more practical for chest lockpicking as well. If you're using invis items for that type of stuff, you're losing half your profit right away on each chest.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Mikel123 wrote: In order:

- No. Eval might double your average damage of an Ebolt. But you can instead just cast it twice. Usually at the end of a map, I have one monster left, and he's typically suffering from level 5 poison. He'll be dead soon.
- No. If you're doing any sort of pvp with music, provo, cartography and lockpicking on your template, you're mentally unsound. Self explanatory.
- OK, I guess.

You can certainly use invis jewelry as opposed to hiding, I guess. In that case, I'd GM wrestling, just to avoid 50% of the Balron swings that hit you immediately when you pull up a chest. But I find hiding to be much more practical for chest lockpicking as well. If you're using invis items for that type of stuff, you're losing half your profit right away on each chest.
-Yeah... you could 'just cast it twice...'. Because every time I wanna cast ebolt casting it twice for double reggies/mana is just as efficient.... Right...
-I made absolutely no claim that this template should be pvping, I was making the point that this is the one case in which you would actually want resist.
-Loosing half your profit right away on each chest for using an invis charge?! LOL... Math notsoez? Let me try to simplify some of the mathematics for you, using a worst case scenerio:
Level 1 chest: ~1k gold, + gems, + reggies, + items. Total loot: 1.5-3k (avg: 2.25k)
Cost of 1 invis charge (using the above estimate of 200g, which i still find ridiculous): 200g
100 / Total loot * Cost of charge = % invested on hunt
100 / 2.25k * 200g = ~9%

So... I suppose if you're using a charge on a level 1 chest, that 11% is cutting 'pretty deeply' into your return.

edit: fixed formulas, cuz mathsnotsoez
Last edited by Layt on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mikel123 wrote:But I find hiding to be much more practical for chest lockpicking as well. If you're using invis items for that type of stuff, you're losing half your profit right away on each chest.

Layt

Post by Layt »

Mikel123 wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:But I find hiding to be much more practical for chest lockpicking as well. If you're using invis items for that type of stuff, you're losing half your profit right away on each chest.
Then it's safe to assume those boxy things that come out of the ground aren't chests?
And please, for the love of god, tell me you have never needed used a ring charge for a dungeon chest.
You make a valid rebuttal on all of the other points as well...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Of course detect hidden would be nice to keep, in case a person is plundering your loot or tinker trapping your chest...let the spawn deal with him. I can plunder corpses even without ever coming out of hiding if I time it right.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.