Town Damage

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Luminarie

Town Damage

Post by Luminarie »

So i guess i don't look on the suggestions forums much but i didn't see much about this.

Today i encountered a fellow warred guild member in town and no spell damage.

Can anyone direct me to any posts that cover this already or reasons if/whynot/when be fixxed. kthx

*EDIT* Found some posts about it, guess i still don't agree with the damages.
Luminarie

alatar

Re: Town Damage

Post by alatar »

Having no spell damage in town for anybody, warring guilds, and even Order & Chaos is how it was in T2A. They made an exception for O/C for a while, but now the server is significantly larger, and they changed it back.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

alatar wrote:Having no spell damage in town for anybody, warring guilds, and even Order & Chaos is how it was in T2A. They made an exception for O/C for a while, but now the server is significantly larger, and they changed it back.

so only greys will take spell damage??

will this affect intown resist gains?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

alatar

Post by alatar »

Teknix wrote:so only greys will take spell damage??
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe so. If I understand correctly criminals should take normal spell damage, while they are a criminal..
Teknix wrote:will this affect intown resist gains?
No. You are still damaging yourself, it's just limited to 1 damage..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Anders

Post by Anders »

Pointless. Why go order / chaos unless you're a dexer then?

platy

Post by platy »

i think this goes back to the "Townie" template era.. when parry fencers were the big rage.. either way, townies refer to dexers b/c the only "town fighting" that was done was done by dexers..
it might take getting used to, but mages should stay in cities where guardzones are small: Glow and Skara should become very popular since the banks are right next to guardzone (maybe occlo too)

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Anders wrote:Pointless. Why go order / chaos unless you're a dexer then?
Because a lot of us fight outside town?

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

I remember spells doing damage in town at some point in t2a, but then they took it out. I definitely fought people in town when I was grey before in t2a.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

alatar wrote:
Teknix wrote:
Teknix wrote:will this affect intown resist gains?
No. You are still damaging yourself, it's just limited to 1 damage..
I can't remember if I couldn't gain resist in town after they took out spell damage in town but I certainly stopped training resist in town because I thought that. So if I had to guess I would say that you couldn't gain resist in town anymore.

Thor

Post by Thor »

Yeah, O/C mages back then were great for heals though!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gilgamesh wrote: I can't remember if I couldn't gain resist in town after they took out spell damage in town but I certainly stopped training resist in town because I thought that. So if I had to guess I would say that you couldn't gain resist in town anymore.
You could only gain resist for no damage if you were inside town and the caster was outside town.

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

You could only gain resist for no damage if you were inside town and the caster was outside town.
when will this be implemented its retarded everyone flamestriking themselves inside town

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

bigcheez wrote:
when will this be implemented
Soon, I wish I could be more specific, but it's something I just need to have the time to change and test.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

bigcheez wrote:
when will this be implemented its retarded everyone flamestriking themselves inside town
Retarded because its so hard to flamestrike yourself out of town and have a secondary character heal you with bandages?

bigcheez

Post by bigcheez »

Pascal wrote:
bigcheez wrote:
Retarded because its so hard to flamestrike yourself out of town and have a secondary character heal you with bandages?
Retarded because it looks retarded and isn't right at all.