easiest way to gm mining? ore by ore possible?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Sufferings

easiest way to gm mining? ore by ore possible?

Post by Sufferings »

I'm wondering if smelting ore by ore instead of the whole stack will yield faster gains? Is there an easier way to gm mining other than actually mining like crazy?
I just want to gm mining so I can get better results when smelting weapons/armor, so I'm trying to keep away from mining as much as possible :P

Also... do valorite/shadow/verite etc. have special properties or they just "look l33t"?

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: easiest way to gm mining? ore by ore possible?

Post by Caswallon »

Yeah smelting one by one with the coloured ores will yield better gains as its a skill check 12 times for 12 piles instead of once for 1 pile of 12. Just mine away, you will end up with about 15k ingots by the time you GM which is about 25% of what you need anyway.

No special properties, just looks leet.
?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

What I did was grabbed 5 shovels and made a macro to double-click a shovel, then target the ground right next to me (if I was south of the mountains, i would click north of me, clicking flat ground so theres no Z axis involved). Do it for each shovel, then just loop it and walk by the mountains stopping to dump your ore whenever your weight is maxed It helps if your also a tinker so you can just make shovels on the fly.

Probably GMed mining in about 5-6 hours this way, Matron said he was able to GM in 4.

Double-click shovel 1
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 2
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 3
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 4
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 5
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

hiicha wrote:What I did was grabbed 5 shovels and made a macro to double-click a shovel, then target the ground right next to me (if I was south of the mountains, i would click north of me, clicking flat ground so theres no Z axis involved). Do it for each shovel, then just loop it and walk by the mountains stopping to dump your ore whenever your weight is maxed It helps if your also a tinker so you can just make shovels on the fly.

Probably GMed mining in about 5-6 hours this way, Matron said he was able to GM in 4.

Double-click shovel 1
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 2
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 3
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 4
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Double-click shovel 5
Wait for target
Target relative location
Pause .5
Where would be a good place to use this macro, hiicha? I tried using it in the minoc mines, but the ore there runs out dry pretty quick! Would a mountain side be better?
Also.. when you say "Pause .5", its 500 between each shovel, right? and they all hit the same spot?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Sufferings wrote:Where would be a good place to use this macro, hiicha? I tried using it in the minoc mines, but the ore there runs out dry pretty quick! Would a mountain side be better?
Also.. when you say "Pause .5", its 500 between each shovel, right? and they all hit the same spot?
I did it just southwest of britain, as if you're heading to the crossroads. Something like this:
jzu31.jpg
By the time you get to the end, you recall back to the beginning and ore has already spawned. Hell by the time you get halfway, ore should be respawning, and there are a lot of 7x7's with smiths on the porch you can use. Or just dump your ore if you don't care. You won't find any of the really rare ore here, but its good enough to just get your skill up.

And yes, 500 between each shovel. You can mine with several shovels at once (works the same for lumberjacking) so you can increase your output in less time. Faster mining = faster you break shovels, so bring plenty (or tinker.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

hiicha wrote:
Sufferings wrote:Where would be a good place to use this macro, hiicha? I tried using it in the minoc mines, but the ore there runs out dry pretty quick! Would a mountain side be better?
I did it just southwest of britain, as if you're heading to the crossroads. Something like this:
jzu31.jpg
By the time you get to the end, you recall back to the beginning and ore has already spawned. Hell by the time you get halfway, ore should be respawning, and there are a lot of 7x7's with smiths on the porch you can use. Or just dump your ore if you don't care. You won't find any of the really rare ore here, but its good enough to just get your skill up.

And yes, 500 between each shovel. You can mine with several shovels at once (works the same for lumberjacking) so you can increase your output in less time. Faster mining = faster you break shovels, so bring plenty (or tinker.)
That is VERY helpful! with screenshot and everything! :D Tyvm!!

Zane

Post by Zane »

So to be clear here... Shovels work like mortars? More then 1 can be used at a time? Or does this just interrupt and it's for the sole purpose of skill gain and you just wind up with some ore here and there?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Zane wrote:So to be clear here... Shovels work like mortars? More then 1 can be used at a time? Or does this just interrupt and it's for the sole purpose of skill gain and you just wind up with some ore here and there?
Yes, shovels work just like mortars in regards to using multiple ones at once. You end up with the same amount of ore as if you were mining with only one shovel, except its 5x faster.

Zane

Post by Zane »

hiicha wrote:
Zane wrote:So to be clear here... Shovels work like mortars? More then 1 can be used at a time? Or does this just interrupt and it's for the sole purpose of skill gain and you just wind up with some ore here and there?
Yes, shovels work just like mortars in regards to using multiple ones at once. You end up with the same amount of ore as if you were mining with only one shovel, except its 5x faster.
Oh my god... I've wasted soooo much time mining.

Thanks for that bit of info.

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

hiicha wrote: You can mine with several shovels at once (works the same for lumberjacking) so you can increase your output in less time.
What tool are you using to chop? I tried using this method with 5 hatchets but only the one equiped in hand works

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Sufferings wrote:
hiicha wrote: You can mine with several shovels at once (works the same for lumberjacking) so you can increase your output in less time.
What tool are you using to chop? I tried using this method with 5 hatchets but only the one equiped in hand works
Well, its not "exactly" the same, but you can keep using the same axe while its still "chopping."

I use something like this:
Double-click axe
Wait for target
Target relative location (right next to me)
pause .5

And for a more automated approach, its like this:
For a = 20
Double-click axe
Wait for target
Target relative location (right next to me)
pause .5
Next a
Doubleclick saw
Wait for target
Target logs
Select Menu (to change them to boards)
Pause 3

(Not sure if the For/Next context is right or the last pause time amount, I'm at work so I can't see the macro directly, but it basically chops wood for 20 iterations, then converts the logs into boards.) I basically just run around standing next to trees until I see the "no more wood" message, then move on until I'm at max weight.

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

I followed the advice and made the mining macro. It was working like a charm yesterday late at night, but now for some reason it will give me time outs every often. I even increased the pauses up to 1.20 but that didn't fix it:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076225834|3897
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|-2|-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076229385|3897
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076231107|3897
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076228481|3897
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1076226506|3897

Notice anything wrong with it?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

why this doesnt work is your tools are wearing out.
you have your double clicks as absolute targets rather then target by type.
Quite frankly I just use a dbl click by type, pause one second, and last target to keep the ore on person. the one second gives me a moment to retarget.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Sufferings

Post by Sufferings »

They were set as an absolute target.
I think I "fixed" it tho. I had them in a box inside my backpack so I wouldn't get the ones set on the macro mixed with the new ones I create with tinkering. I took them out of the box, and place them in my backpack and voila! Working perfectly again :D It's amazing how fast you gain like this omg!

Next, I'll try the lumberjacking one that hiicha posted :wink:

Zane

Post by Zane »

2 things...

1. It will not work with hatchets quite the same way to my knowledge. Hatchets have to be equipped to use... and I don't think each time you use, I think it clears the last attempt. Not exactly sure about this, but pretty sure it won't work the same.

2. Another option in these is "set last target". Put it at the start of your macro (target the spot you're hitting) and use "last target" instead of relative location [cannot remember if these are the exact names of hotkey options, but it is something along these lines].

With the method in 2, you're able to create a macro to run around and harvest both trees and ore (with ore being faster now that I know they work like mortars).

An example of what I used to use when harvesting boards:

set last target
(can throw a hide in here if you're worried about getting ganked)
for (however many you usually need to clear a tree plus a couple more)
use item in hand
last target
pause (can't remember but a couple secs for log harvest)
if sys message you broke your tool
equip hatchet (by type)
end for
double click carp tool by type
menus selections for boards

Basically, run up to a tree and start macro. When macro is finished, move on to another tree (hotkey the macro and it's pretty damn simple).