Awesome community... or is it?

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Rock

Awesome community... or is it?

Post by Rock »

I started UO in 1997 and just quit around 3 months ago. Even though I have a new pc that can support every MMO in the market right now but I love UO too much. It is something that will always be magical to me. Then I remember a close friend whom I used to play UO with told me about UO: SA shard a few months back.

My friend told me this shard was run by an admin that listened to his players and the community was great. I decided to sign up two days ago and made a miner/ blacksmith/ mage toon. I was having fun mining and saving up, hopefully to have enough gold to buy a small house. The server was running so smoothly and I was kind of impressed. I decided to run to the bank and alternate tab out to donate some money to show my appreciation.

Just before I did, I saw some guy attacking another person at the bank. So I called out for guards. To my surprise, a few persons jumped on me calling me all kind of names, pussy, cunt, faggot. I only remember the name Adara was one of them. They refused to let me off and continued to harass me even though I kept quiet. They even made fun of my toon's name and the pack horse I had(sad, wasn't it?) Eventually, one of them used a gate to get to the bank and cast poision on me and ran back in. My toon was only 2 days old and did not have much health.

To Adara and gangs, this is a free shard created for us to have play and have fun. People like you are what made UO lost tons of players when Everquest was released. You guys are only doing the shard a disfavor by harassing new players instead of helping them. Don't forget you are playing for free!

I wasn't angry at all but I felt that Derrick needs to be aware of people like Adara. Anyway, good job on a great shard and I had fun during my days on there.

Signing off,

Rock
Last edited by Rock on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dagon

Re: Awesome community... or is it?

Post by Dagon »

so you're saying that from 1997 until 3 months ago you never got harassed/griefed/made fun of/abused/etc? wow man, you must have had a secluded UO life. go play a single player game where nobody talks to you.

Rock

Post by Rock »

Dagon wrote:so you're saying that from 1997 until 3 months ago you never got harassed/griefed/made fun of/abused/etc? wow man, you must have had a secluded UO life. go play a single player game where nobody talks to you.
Lol "a genius" has posted. When did I say that? Oh and what I play is none of your concern. :lol:

And also wow man, if you are going to be a smartass, at least learn to read and type in properly english. I know you are too excited for someone to post so you can troll. The way you put it is like I got harassed 3 months ago. ... rofl.

:roll: :lol:

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You did good, only the worst of the worst play the game to be afkillers...thus the show you received.
:roll: Ah you killed someone who couldnt fight back...hillarious :| Havent seen that ever before in my life...really :|
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

strut

Post by strut »

trashbags are just a part of UO they keep you on your toes. You can't assume every retard in game must be a 12 year old or playing from prison, it's just an alternate world where you are free to do more or less as you please.

If you want to be treated like a paying customer at a tourist attraction, there is a massive industry already set up to cater for that kind of player i.e. all other MMO's in existence.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Those ppl are idiots for sure, but if you're quitting over that and u played since 1997? Come on now....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

any time you are playing in or around the town of Brit .. you are gonna meet all the lamers .. my suggestion is to move to a different town .. Brit is nothing but a griefer town .. always has been ... and always will be

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Zane

Post by Zane »

Banks have always been the well of scum in this game, particularly in Brit. I just have a hard time understanding why anything different is expected. I stopped playing for a LONG time and I still knew to stay away when I didn't want a hassle. I'm simply saying this because every game has thier twits. Sometimes you need to avoid them. If you refuse to, then maybe this isn't the sort of game to be playing.

Personally, I think it's hilarious how some people act like jackasses. Sure I've fallen prey to some of them myself, but I expect it in just about every MMO I've played.

I will say though, next time you want to comment on other people's gameplay don't get pissed when people comment on yours. And if you're going to talk trash about someone's english, maybe you should make sure your's is up to snuff too.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

You will get jerks on any online muti player game. Just gotta figure out how to deal with them and if you cant then uosa is not for you. I wish people would leave you alone until you got on your feet but they need to feel like they have some sort of power in their lives and they are not good enough to take on the mojority of the people on this server and for that reason they prey on those that cant defend themselfs. I hope you find a game you enjoy

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Rules for Avoiding Being Griefed

Rule #1: Do NOT go to West Britain Bank.

Rule #2: Obtain all necessary permits for in game activities from cA.

nightmare

Post by nightmare »

chumbucket wrote:Rules for Avoiding Being Griefed

Rule #1: Do NOT go to West Britain Bank.

Rule #2: Obtain all necessary permits for in game activities from cA.

LOL cant even come to the forrums without being griefed :P. I would suggest joining the revolt and tell cA to go crawl back in bed with their sheep.

Outside of that Chum is a mega griefer but he is a standup kinda griefer as he tends to be cool with new players and lets them build up a bit before he brings his cheap chicks and dirty tricks to your door.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Rock wrote:
Dagon wrote:so you're saying that from 1997 until 3 months ago you never got harassed/griefed/made fun of/abused/etc? wow man, you must have had a secluded UO life. go play a single player game where nobody talks to you.
Lol "a genius" has posted. When did I say that? Oh and what I play is none of your concern. :lol:

And also wow man, if you are going to be a smartass, at least learn to read and type in properly english. I know you are too excited for someone to post so you can troll. The way you put it is like I got harassed 3 months ago. ... rofl.

:roll: :lol:
??? what are you even talking about? learn to read and type "in properly english"? are you a canadian or something? i read what you said and replied

you said that youve been playing UO for roughly 12 years (wow, loser), and you just started here 2 days ago and you got called all kinds of bad names so youre quitting... so you implied that in those 12 years you never got harassed/griefed/made fun of/abused/etc ..... like i already said ....... maybe you need to learn to read "in properly english". since you never quit in those 12 years none of those things that happened to you here ever happened to you before... which we know is not true.. that has happened to everyone.. so why did you not quit OSI after day 2? had not hit puberty yet and the jolt + doritos kept you going hard at it mining and w/e you did in the game.. while your pizza face kept you away from the girls IRL? yeah, sorry man, congrats to Adara hurting your feelings.. must have been a real eye opener for you..

you werent angry at all but had to write out this cry baby thread and quit over it? but you obviously werent done with it since you came back to see the replies and make more comments.. just looking for some attention..

*gives you some cheese to go along with your whine*

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

:idea: :lol: :shock: :evil: :o :( :twisted:

LOOK HOW MANY SMILIES I PUT INTO MY POST! I R COOL LIKE ROCK AND FAUST ( :roll: :roll: :roll: ) NOW?
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

RVA_SA

Post by RVA_SA »

Attacking peoples grammar? Then you don't put together sentences correctly. Well done sir!

Duul al'Vath
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Duul al'Vath »

I can't understand why so many folks are defending [POO]. Adara Brimstone, Vag(ina) filled with, POO.
How can you people defend someone so blatantly infantile?

Thelonious Black and Otmar the Mad of the UBB
Arms & Armor by Thelonious Black