Vista and UO crashes while using zune software an suggestion

Volo

Vista and UO crashes while using zune software an suggestion

Post by Volo »

For some reason I can play uo for hours but once I start the zune software to listen to some tunes uo locks up before I even finish the first song im listening too.Its so strange any help would be appreciated.
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Vista and UO crashes while using zune software an suggestion

Post by Chaos »

any errors reports ... maybe turn sound in UO off if not already .. update sound drivers .. just off the top of my head before I go to work..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Dagon wrote:ummm dont use zune

I think what our condescending friend is trying to say here, is maybe using an alternative to zune, maybe windows media player, winamp, itunes, etc...

Downs

Post by Downs »

What kind of crash happens? UO screen goes white and windows makes you shut it down? Are you playing music already downloaded or streaming music?

zune might eat up too much memory. vista is weird about some things.

You could just rock out to old school UO midi files! Combat music is sweet!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Downs

Post by Downs »

total stab in the dark, just read this thread after replying to yours, but try this:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13808
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Volo

Post by Volo »

I cannot use the UO music or sounds it crashes me everytime.Trust me i would love to listen to it because it was one of my favorite things about UO back in the day.To answer a few questions the music is downloaded to my harddrive it is not streaming.I have to use the zune software as i have the zune pass which is unlimited music downloads for $14.95 a month which is awsome,to put it plainly i basically rent the music from microsoft,the mp3 files are encrypted so i must use the zune software in order to open them.Lastly it straight up crash my pc i mean locks that thing up so i have to restart.I have 8g of ram so i dont see how UO and zune can take all that.Because my girlfriend uses my pc for homework and she runs dreamweaver,adobe photshop and a bunch of plug ins for it,the zunesoftware,facebook,myspace all at once and the pc never hiccups once.So i am at a loss right now i just cant figure it out lol and i have been going for my microsoft mcse among other certs and am no dumby when it comes to pc's but damn wtf this one has me stumped.I even tried to log what the pc was doing when it crashed and still to no aval lol.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

For testing if you happen to have an extra sound card or maybe a bluetooth headset and bluetooth usb dongle you could test sending the two sound feeds to diff. "sound cards" so see if that helps with problem .. maybe give you some leads if you have this hardware on hand.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Volo

Post by Volo »

Hmmm never though of that...Thanks Chaos ill definetly try that out when i get on tonight.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Volo wrote:I cannot use the UO music or sounds it crashes me everytime.Trust me i would love to listen to it because it was one of my favorite things about UO back in the day.To answer a few questions the music is downloaded to my harddrive it is not streaming.I have to use the zune software as i have the zune pass which is unlimited music downloads for $14.95 a month which is awsome,to put it plainly i basically rent the music from microsoft,the mp3 files are encrypted so i must use the zune software in order to open them.Lastly it straight up crash my pc i mean locks that thing up so i have to restart.I have 8g of ram so i dont see how UO and zune can take all that.Because my girlfriend uses my pc for homework and she runs dreamweaver,adobe photshop and a bunch of plug ins for it,the zunesoftware,facebook,myspace all at once and the pc never hiccups once.So i am at a loss right now i just cant figure it out lol and i have been going for my microsoft mcse among other certs and am no dumby when it comes to pc's but damn wtf this one has me stumped.I even tried to log what the pc was doing when it crashed and still to no aval lol.
As much as you don't want to hear this but it sounds like a classic incompatibility issue with Zune and legacy apps. Sorry that you are committed zune like that, but you are faced with a decision, sound or no sound. Unless Chaos's suggesting works, there are plenty of workarounds. For example, do you offload your zune music to an mp3 player? If so, then plug your mp3 player until the line in or your PC, and use your mp3 player to play music through your PC speakers/headphones.

*shrugs*... I personally do not use any kind of proprietary software like Zune... I would gladly spend the few extra bucks for something standard... you get what you pay for...

Volo

Post by Volo »

I kinda was leaning that way to orion....But hey now i just hook my zune up my stereo and let uo play through my speakers.