Bloody Bandages/Cutting Clothing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do you like Bloody Bandages?

Yes.
68%
No.
21%
Never Heard of it.
11%

Total votes: 19

TrialoDestinyVeteran

Bloody Bandages/Cutting Clothing

Post by TrialoDestinyVeteran »

I tried to find a thread that already addressed this.. Sorry if I failed, but i do require others input on this.

I noticed was the scissors are very limited. I have yet to check if i can cut my own characters hair but i know that i cant cut clothes for bandaids. More disappointing though, was the whole aspect of bloody bandages being missing completely. i used to wash them in the moat of Lord Britishes Castle. These two problems make bandages much less desireable. while i know some people still use them.

Anyway, i noticed that a lot of people that play the shard have never really played shards from back then. this was both suprising and impressive.

let the discussion, or flaming BEGIN!! :mrgreen:

and if anyone wants to help me figure out uoam message me..

benny-

Re: Bloody Bandages/Cutting Clothing

Post by benny- »

You cant cut cloth into bandages??...If you're referring to not being able to turn a stack of bandages into cloth with one cut...it's annoying but it is how it was done in the era, thus it's a feature here that you have to cut each bandage one by one.

As for bloody bandages...I remember them too but from what shard or era I really can't recall...though I doubt they were in T2A, otherwise they probably would've been put into place here.

As for the usefulness of bandages...they are just as useful, though they are harder to come by than what's seen on many shards...While it can be burdensome to make them, this does give them some value (thus why we're now seeing a market for them). Best bet is to gather a good stock of wool and either patiently work up a stash of bandaids, set up a macro to do it for you (much less tiresome this way), or find a vendor who sells them.

Again, bandages are a bit more valuable here all an all, but considering their usefulness, I think they're well worth the extra little bit of work.
- Elisud

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

bloody bandages are in-game as a rare

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

TrialoDestinyVeteran wrote:I tried to find a thread that already addressed this.. Sorry if I failed, but i do require others input on this.

I noticed was the scissors are very limited. I have yet to check if i can cut my own characters hair but i know that i cant cut clothes for bandaids. More disappointing though, was the whole aspect of bloody bandages being missing completely. i used to wash them in the moat of Lord Britishes Castle. These two problems make bandages much less desireable. while i know some people still use them.

Anyway, i noticed that a lot of people that play the shard have never really played shards from back then. this was both suprising and impressive.

Blood bandages are an early Pre-T2A item, they are also in all Sphere servers by default as well as washing them and also cutting your character's hair with scissors, which was never on OSI

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

TrialoDestinyVeteran

no. with the scissors, im referring to is being able to cut up a ressurection robe and make bandages. which was possible with all types of clothing. thats just one of the more useful ones. i have no problem with how we cut from cloth.

the bloody bandages, if its a rare thing, why is it in at all? i remember them to be a lower count than ur original stack of bandages, but not almost non existent, more like commonly thrown on the streets of britain. if u used 100 bandages u would get less than 100 bandages after you cleaned your bloody ones. i dont know the original formula, but it wasnt a "rare" back then.

if im not mistaken the administration specifically asks for players to say what they think is missing from the era, not just rely on what they remember to be accurate. this is the era of corp por pking right? this era is the only one i dare give the name ultima online. i went to the store and bought the renaisance cd, thats how long ago this was emplemented.

haha, does anyone remember the exploited cotton field west of brit?

TrialoDestinyVeteran

Hemperor wrote:
TrialoDestinyVeteran wrote:I tried to find a thread that already addressed this.. Sorry if I failed, but i do require others input on this.

Blood bandages are an early Pre-T2A item, they are also in all Sphere servers by default as well as washing them and also cutting your character's hair with scissors, which was never on OSI
ack! sphereserver was awesome. thanks for the support, that would explain why a lot of shards didnt have cutting hair. i remember a couple shards that your hair would grow slowly through the hairstyles if u didnt keep up with it :D.

if bloody bandages was implemented BEFORE T2A, then we should definately still have it, i played renassaince, which i just learned was after t2a. if it was there before and after T2a then wouldnt it make sense for it to be in t2a? as if they really removed it for that single era

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

TrialoDestinyVeteran wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

ack! sphereserver was awesome. thanks for the support, that would explain why a lot of shards didnt have cutting hair. i remember a couple shards that your hair would grow slowly through the hairstyles if u didnt keep up with it :D.

if bloody bandages was implemented BEFORE T2A, then we should definately still have it, i played renassaince, which i just learned was after t2a. if it was there before and after T2a then wouldnt it make sense for it to be in t2a? as if they really removed it for that single era
It was only in early Pre-T2A that using a bandage would return a bloody bandage, bloody bandages in every other era were just spawning semi-rares

TrialoDestinyVeteran

Hemperor wrote:
TrialoDestinyVeteran wrote:
Hemperor wrote:

It was only in early Pre-T2A that using a bandage would return a bloody bandage, bloody bandages in every other era were just spawning semi-rares
T_T ok i'll accept it. even though illogical as f on OSI's part. f'n up my aids... nice community though, gratz UOSA
Last edited by Derrick on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I thought you could cut up a deathrobe to bandages.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

calista

Post by calista »

nope it says "scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything"

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I was able to when I started on this shard, and now I can't.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Derrick wrote:I thought you could cut up a deathrobe to bandages.
lol.. you patched that out a few patches ago

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Actually, cutting any newbie clothing should not be possible, and the fact that it cannot be done here is accurate. Before September 99, it was impossible to cut any clothing into cloth because the concept of "unraveling" had not been placed into the game. This functionality is confirmed on the demo on both newbie clothing, death robes, and regular clothing. Once unraveling came in, this particular line item from the September 1999 patch notes supports the lack of any ability to produce bandages out of a death robe (or any cloth of any kind):

Sept. 22nd Publish Sep 22 1999 4:27PM CST
Unraveling
  • "Newbie" items and death robes cannot be unraveled.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Dagon wrote:
Derrick wrote:I thought you could cut up a deathrobe to bandages.
lol.. you patched that out a few patches ago
haha yeah I could have sworn Derrick saying it shouldn't be possible in the past.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Hemperor wrote:haha yeah I could have sworn Derrick saying it shouldn't be possible in the past.
This is why colaboration is better than empire, this game is just too big, and I'm too dis-organized. What a team we all are :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."