Order guards?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Sravine

Order guards?

Post by Sravine »

I read somewhere that you could trap this npc in your house for weapon gains, but where do you find the order guards? And are they hireable?

Thanks!

Downs

Re: Order guards?

Post by Downs »

Theyre at most guard stations outside of town. I used the one by the brit/vesper xroads next to the desert. You can't hire them, so you have to attack them and drag them to your home. The nice thing is they heal themselves, so no need to keep them alive.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

Go to any rune library. (There is one located in a tower on the southwestern corner of Moonglow) There will be a order guard runebook you can go to just about any of them. Find an empty spot near the guardhouse and place your house. Set a wooden box one tile south of the middle spot of the small house. Then set a wooden box one tile west and two tiles east. Also set another wooden diagonally to the right of the first box you placed one tile under the middle spot. Lock these all down. Have an alt standing in the NW corner of the house. Go attack a order guard and lead him inside, quickly run around the boxes to the NE corner of the house so that before the guard goes around the boxes he goes back NE and gets trapped in the three boxes. Then have your alt run around and place the last box behind the guard trapping him inside. Then your going to want to buy 5 sets of store issue platemail and leave them in one of the boxes. Also 10+ heater shields if you want to gain parrying. Some people say buckler shields are the best but they are annoying to change and I gm parrying very well using heater shields. Set up your healing and your good to go. Also the order guards will heal themselves when they get low, but if you have 3+ people hitting on the guard it's wise to throw in a heal sometimes for the guard as well. Eventually their weapon and all their armor will break and you want to make sure the order guard doesn't die so you can leave it afk for however long. No one should bother you but if some random person does its no biggie, just leave all your chars in the middle of house with door locked. If they kill the guard just simply get another one, or what I would most likely do is just move to another spot.

Also never do the hireling guard method, this is slow and a waste of time just do the order guard method. Just an extra note for anyone reading this that is using hired npcs from towns.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Indeed, during T2A there was no advantage whatsoever to using a buckler.

For store-bought and GM-made shields, always use a heater on this shard.

Sravine

Post by Sravine »

Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Although them healing themselves is not era accurate FYI

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I don't remember what is accurate, but they are a pain in the balls to kill. I had 3 Energy Vortexes on one of them and he kept healing and curing himself. Finally one of them timed out, and I re-dropped a third one and they finally killed him.

Return to “New Player Help”