Question About Accounts

Moderator: Support Moderators

Forsaken

Question About Accounts

Post by Forsaken »

Derrick wrote:Just for the record, you may not run 4 accounts. We may very well randomly ban one of them when discovered.
I was reading through the trophie thread by Derrick, and had read this post. I know and have three accounts (email verified as well), as so does my friend. Does this quote still apply to training up a friends accounts, while training on your own? I can see why running them to multi-farm/gather could be a problem.

Was just curious, because we've been helping each other out being we're on semi different work schedules. I.e. Setting his 3 accounts up to work resist, with 2 casting FS, 1 healing. As I would be doing the same for my accounts or burning short terms on one, while farming (ATTENDED) on another.

Derrick or anyone with concrete info to this matter?

Zane

Re: Question About Accounts

Post by Zane »

I am by no means an authority on this, but I think the reasoning Derrick gave for 3 accounts per IP is to allow multiple people in the household to play (this could be a claim I read in the discussion thread about the number of accounts and not directly from Derrick).

If you're talking about more then 3 accounts from an IP, I think that may run you into trouble. If you and your friend are not roommates (in other words run from seperate IPs), you may have to just work out a system where one of you sets up the macros from one place so the other can play from the other.

Granted, I only say this if it's not considered circumventing any policy which could lead to punishment.

Forsaken

Post by Forsaken »

Well, to be a little more specific, we're not roommates and he has his 3 accounts, I have mine, which are not on the same IP by any means.

My main reasoning for mentioning the scenario, was that I am at work well before server restart and it sucks missing an entire day of skill gaining because of that. So, he would help me out in the past and vise versa when he wasn't able to set up for whatever given reason.

*shrug*

Zane

Post by Zane »

OK then... You would need to worry about having more then 3 accounts logged in from 1 IP. So the most either one of you can/should have logged in from your place is 3 at a time.

It's the only way I see to cover yourself from that issue. Otherwise, try a PM to one of the staff (not sure who would be handling that though).

Honestly, they would risk people possibly concocting stories to bypass policy if they answered here. You can either play it safe, or contact them privately.

Return to “New Player Help”