Question about a crafting macro.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zane

Question about a crafting macro.

Post by Zane »

I thought I had finally gotten the hang of Razor's macro system, then I went to create a new Alchemy macro and discovered I don't.

I swear there was a conversion to double click a spot versus just conversion to double click by type.

I want to take advantage of using multiple mortar and pestles, however I no longer see this option (it's necessary for when a mortar breaks).

Am I crazy, or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: OK, I've found the option for absolute target. Is there a way to use this for double clicking mortars?

Dagon

Re: Question about a crafting macro.

Post by Dagon »

use by type for items in your pack

targetting relative location is only for locations - not items - like mining, lumberjacking, fishing, etc... where in the world you want to target relative to your location.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

pretty sure you can't use "by type" for multiple mortars, because it'll randomly target.. so it may target one in use and mess up your macro. Best bet is to make exceptional mortars, and line up a macro with 20 of them in use. Once they start to break, toss them all and restart with new ones. Maybe someone else will know more about this.

Zane

Post by Zane »

Thanks Daolin, that was pretty much my next step, but I was hoping there would be a possible alternative

It clicked that the relative location thing was central to the character position and not the screen awhile after I posted (bit of a brain fart since I've used it in a macro before lol).

Thanks for the help guys.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

using an in-use mortar wont really mess up the macro, it will just restart the grinding process (no regs are lost). its not too bad though and certainly a lot better than having to retarget 20-30 new mortars in the macro when they break.

whats more annoying is not being able to fill kegs like you should be able to...

Zane

Post by Zane »

The keg thing is annoying, but you can work around it with the macro.

I didn't know there was no reg loss when you dump a mortar by starting on one in use... I may just check to see what the average rate of using a mortar already in use is to see if I save any time.

Also... You wouldn't have to retarget each one every time. Just use a seperate bag, line them up, and when one breaks, put a new one in the blank spot and count through the macro to find the line to retarget.

Return to “New Player Help”