Female Armor and Polymorph

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Vaathen

Female Armor and Polymorph

Post by Vaathen »

I notice that when I poly into a female, it does not let me wear certain female items (particularly the plate). Why is that? I used to do that all the time on OSI. One could polly into a female, and keep the armor equipped after the revert to male.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Female Armor and Polymorph

Post by Mikel123 »

I love it, your third post on the board and you're posting about the crossdressing functionality of UO :-)

I do recall this "bug". There's also a bunch of fun things you can do if you quaff a yellow potion while polymorphed. Haven't tested to see if they exist here yet.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This honestly should work, I'm very surprised to hear that it doesn't.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

used to be able to cast incognito and then polymorph
when you turned back your skin was white and there was abug to make it perma
a few famous characters had perma white skin
long before tribal paints :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Vaathen

Post by Vaathen »

Derrick wrote:This honestly should work, I'm very surprised to hear that it doesn't.
It seems to work with all other female items except the plate, which is, arguably, the most important of the lot. I remember some males often wearing this armor under robes because it protects both the body and the arms at base AR 30 with a -5 dex penalty. So, really, very good armor if it is of "guarding" or better.

I really have no interest in the cross dressing part, but, that said, I'll happily look flaming gay if it means I can wear Invuln Female plate.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

What does it say when you put it on?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Vaathen

Post by Vaathen »

"You can no longer wear your female plate"
"Some equipment has been moved to your backpack"

It happens as I try to equip it as a polymorphed female.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. That narrowed it down significantly, this will be fixed in the next publish.

Vaathen

Post by Vaathen »

Update: When stats change (curse, bless, etc), ANY type of female armor falls off a polymorphed male character before or after the revert. The same message is given:

"You can no longer wear your female plate/studded bustier/etc"

There also appears to be an issue with wearing a tunic (any type of armor) over top of the female armor. In this instance, the armor appears to pop into the backpack without any message at all. My guess is that it removes itself once its durability changes since this problem has only happened to me in combat.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Vaathen wrote:Update: When stats change (curse, bless, etc), ANY type of female armor falls off a polymorphed male character before or after the revert. The same message is given:

"You can no longer wear your female plate/studded bustier/etc"

There also appears to be an issue with wearing a tunic (any type of armor) over top of the female armor. In this instance, the armor appears to pop into the backpack without any message at all. My guess is that it removes itself once its durability changes since this problem has only happened to me in combat.
Aye, this is why it was only happening with plate and not female leather, it was triggering on a stat change.

This shouldn't be happening any more though.

Vaathen

Post by Vaathen »

Stat change no longer removes female armor before the revert to male, but the game still removes it and gives the same message if stats are altered after the revert.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Vaathen wrote:Stat change no longer removes female armor before the revert to male, but the game still removes it and gives the same message if stats are altered after the revert.

Can anyone comment on the accuracy to era of this?

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”