One trophy reward suggestion.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pro

One trophy reward suggestion.

Post by Pro »

250 points = Gamemaster placed housing (reasonable spots only) not over trees or anything like that just spots that require you to be 1 tile further from a coast etc

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: One trophy reward suggestion.

Post by Mikel123 »

Derrick said a few months ago he's working on some changes to house placement.

Given that we can already place over a number of things we couldn't on the production shard (certain rocks and trees, I think), I assume the only thing left for him to fix is some weirdness regarding elevation and level terrain (which is especially a problem near coastlines).

I would vote against your trophy idea, I don't like anything that can break rules, but I think you may be getting something like this anyways in the near future.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

For example...

If "E" represents Even terrain, and B is the one-tile Border around the house that must be free of objects, U is Uneven terrain, and W is Water...

BBBBBBBBW
EEEEEEEBW
EEEEEEEUW
EEEEEEEBW
EEEEEEEBW
EEEEEEEBW
EEEEEEEBW
EEEEEEEBW
BBBBBBBBW

You cannot place a house on the 7x7 plot of even ground in the above picture. Despite the fact that the entire 7x7 plot is on even ground, and the border is free of all objects, if one space on the border is slightly uneven (often happens on the coast of water), the house cannot be placed on our shard.

I am assuming that this is something Derrick is working on or planning on fixing.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."