Curious about Windows 7 and UO

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Curious about Windows 7 and UO

Post by Biohazard »

hiicha wrote:Yeah didn't know about that. I also just found out Home Premium doesn't include the hosting portion of Remote Desktop; I can no longer remote in to play with the settings, gotta walk my ass downstairs. There is a hack for it, but its buggy and I'm not in the mood to mess with it.
you should check out VNC... the free version has most functionality. In some cases its better than RDP. its also very easy to set up.

http://www.realvnc.com/

purplehazze

Post by purplehazze »

I just finished loading windows 7 ultimate 32 bit onto my MacBook Pro using the latest version of Boot Camp (3.1) and I was quite amazed how smooth the process went.

The only issue I had with getting UOSA working with Razor properly was changing some permissions to the Ultima Online directory. For some reason after the install the Ultima Online folder was restricted. To fix this, right-click on the folder and select properties. Navigate to the security tab after opening properties and select the user account you wish to edit permissions then check the box marked Full Control.

Another thing I might add is the .net framework 1.1 or 2.0 is no longer necessary. I launched razor and connected to UOSA without installing either package. Hope this helps.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Wow very interesting TY for posting .. wish I could look into it but don't think my lappy could handle it .. :) Hope it helps others.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

purplehazze wrote:I just finished loading windows 7 ultimate 32 bit onto my MacBook Pro using the latest version of Boot Camp (3.1) and I was quite amazed how smooth the process went.

The only issue I had with getting UOSA working with Razor properly was changing some permissions to the Ultima Online directory. For some reason after the install the Ultima Online folder was restricted. To fix this, right-click on the folder and select properties. Navigate to the security tab after opening properties and select the user account you wish to edit permissions then check the box marked Full Control.

Another thing I might add is the .net framework 1.1 or 2.0 is no longer necessary. I launched razor and connected to UOSA without installing either package. Hope this helps.
Windows 7 should come with .net framework 3.5 pre-installed, although they were pushing to have 4.0 before the retail hit.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter