Ons' big list of bugs!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Onslaught

Ons' big list of bugs!

Post by Onslaught »

I understand some of these bugs are already in the process of being fixed or have been fixed already, I'm just putting everything I find here so Derrick doesn't forget. I'll add to this as i find more errors or bugs.

#1.) Ice island spawn consists of snow leopards, white wolves, walrus and polar bears. The only aggressive monsters were single orcs and camps of 4 orcs which had a chest, kettle, etc.

#2.) Pretamed pets should be aggro'ing aggressive NPC's, monsters and red players.

#3.) Ice island respawn rate is too slow. Takes hours for killed animals to respawn. There should be no snow elementals on ice island in this era.

#4.) White wyrms should mass curse, mass dispell and rummage fallen enemies for gold. They also should have the 'all drop' command.

#5.) Dragons, drakes and wyrms should be 'Content' after first tamed. Currently they come tamed as 'wonderfully happy' which is wrong.

#6.) Dragons, drakes and wyrms should roar on obeyed commands and bark or make the "dragon breathing sound" (not the fire breath sound) when they decline a command.

#7.) Feeding should have a 100% chance to raise a happiness level everytime.

#8.) Gate distance on pets was much more than 1 tile and didn't obey line of sight. Something like 10 - 20 tiles i believe.

#9.) Nightmares spawn in 4 different locations in T2A. They didn't start spawning in Tkeep till Ren.

#10.) Drakes are missing the "You seem to anger the beast!" message when attempting to tame.

#11.) Drakes required 95.7 taming in this era, not 84.3 or whatever it is.

#12.) Stables were unique and had no limit on pets. All stables in the world didn't hold the same pets.

#13.) NPC's and monsters didn't have the "return to spawn location" command. If they were lured away from where they spawned, they didn't go back to their spawn location. They just patrolled wherever they were left.

#14.) Pet gating was enabled in this era. If there was a gate on flat land and a tamed animal passed through it, they would go into the gate.

#15.) No pets in this era casted earthquake, chain lightning or meteor swarm.

#16.) Monsters or animals didn't respawn if a pet was tamed and left in their zone. Example, if I tamed all the drakes in destard, they wouldn't respawn until the tamed drakes were gated out or left the dungeon.. This explains the bull plague in Delucia. The bulls respawn when they get tamed, which shouldn't happen.

#17.) Dragons, Drakes and Wyrms should not be roaring everytime that "You seem to anger the beast!"

#18.) Pet movement speed is too low.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Sauron

Re: Ons' big list of bugs!

Post by Sauron »

Nice :wink: totaly forgot about the stables

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks very much for this Ons.

Most of these inaccuracy fixes not already corrected will be applied to test center tonight for potential deployment soon.
  1. Already Live
  2. On Test
  3. Snow Ele removed on Live. Respawn rate will be looked at.
  4. On Test
  5. Will be on Test tonight
  6. This will be addressed at another time
  7. Will be on Test tonight
  8. Range will be expanded on test tonight
  9. This will be addressed after test goes to live
  10. Currently on Test
  11. Currently on Test
  12. This will be addressed at another time (soon though)
  13. This will require further discussion as it will require a overhaul of how our spawning system works
  14. Will be on Test tonight
  15. Nightmares are reported on Stratics to cast circle 8 spells, we'll have to look into this some more.
  16. This goes along with item 13, we'll look further at this.
  17. Will be on Test tonight
  18. Currently a tamed animal has the same movement speed(s) as when he was not tamed. We'll need to look further into getting movement speeds for these animals more accurate. There is another forum topic related to this, Are Efreets fast enough? which I hope to see grow some.
Items 15 and 16 were missing in your original list, I've taken the liberty of renumbering.

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

@ #4: Onslaught, do you know where any other high level magic creature, tamed or not, cast mass dispel/mass curse?

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

Lothain wrote:@ #4: Onslaught, do you know where any other high level magic creature, tamed or not, cast mass dispel/mass curse?
I don't really. I just know alot about taming, not much of anything else :P
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Onslaught wrote:
Lothain wrote:@ #4: Onslaught, do you know where any other high level magic creature, tamed or not, cast mass dispel/mass curse?
I don't really. I just know alot about taming, not much of anything else :P
Oh this is definatly going on my sig...

edit: damn.. it won't fit.. :mrgreen:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

#10.) Drakes are missing the "You seem to anger the beast!" message when attempting to tame.

are dragons and other aggressive tamable creatures getting angered when trying to tame as well? mares, dragons etc.. all had a chance of getting angered

#18.) Pet movement speed is too low

they arent to slow. They are just moving at the speed at which all other monster npcs should be moving at! :P slow down npcs, monsters to proper speeds and ditch the steroid popping speeds they sometimes take off on. That would be the era correct change.

nice list btw Ons. BC 4 life dude lol

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

~|~Damaja wrote: nice list btw Ons. BC 4 life dude lol
:-)

If theres one thing I do know, it's taming. All hail Sir Bart!
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

I didn't think the staff had enough to work on so I went ahead and made a new list of taming errors and bugs. Enjoy! :P

#1.) Dragons and nightmares currently have the "drop" command. I'm fairly certain White wyrms are the only tamable monsters in this era that have the drop command. That's one of the things that made them unique.

#2.) Feeding your pet once should bring its happiness to full everytime.

#3.) Nightmares and summoned demons did not mass curse in this era.

#4.) Ice Island and T2A creature respawn is still too slow.

#5.) Pet movement speed is too slow.

#6.) The "all drop" command doesn't work. You have to say the pets name then drop to get it to actually drop the gold.

#7.) The stable claim list was not enabled in this era. Claiming by pet name was.

#8.) The white wyrm rummage ability only worked on gold, the wyrm had no interest in anything other than gold in this era.

#9.) Dragons, wyrms, drakes and nightmares are still "Happy" when freshly tamed. They should be "Content".

#10.) Currently all tamable monsters will immediately drop combat and try to follow the tamer once he is first tamed. In this era, the tamable monsters would continue to try and kill the player who is taming until the tamer had invisability casted on him, or he hid. Once the tamer is out of sight, the newly tamed beast should start wandering, not following the tamer.

#11.) Pet obey and disobey sounds are still messed up.

#12.) The drop command is only dropping gold on freshly tamed monsters. In this era, the drop command made him drop every item that you would of seen on it's corpse had you of slayed the monster instead of tamed it.

#13.) When the white wyrm mass curses, it currently does not hit the tamer controlling the wyrm when it should. In this era, you had to stand at a distance from your wyrms because if they mass cursed, they'd put you in combat with them and try to eat your face off.

#14.) The gold dropped by the white wyrm is currently 1000 - 1200. It should be half of that.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

pets arent to slow. the rest of the monsters are to fast is the problem

alatar

Post by alatar »

You can't make mobs "all drop" the loot that hasn't been generated yet.. monsters only carry gold untill they die, then the script generates loot based off its "wealth"..

I believe this was done to prevent serious mob stealing..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

alatar wrote:You can't make mobs "all drop" the loot that hasn't been generated yet.. monsters only carry gold untill they die, then the script generates loot based off its "wealth"..

I believe this was done to prevent serious mob stealing..
That's how it was so apparently you can. I'm 100% positive on it. I used to pull vanqs off wyrms from just taming them, having them drop, and selling the wyrms to newb tamers.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

alatar

Post by alatar »

... I'm saying that's how it is now, and I believe that's the reason why it was changed.. Anything can be done with the UO Emulator.. But I don't see why you should even receive gold from a monster unless you killed it..
#1 PK Guild on T2A

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

alatar wrote:... I'm saying that's how it is now, and I believe that's the reason why it was changed.. Anything can be done with the UO Emulator.. But I don't see why you should even receive gold from a monster unless you killed it..
The monster is now your pet and obeys your commands? I don't know.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

bump ;)
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.