1999 Patch notes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

1999 Patch notes

Post by Mikel123 »

Here are some things I've found in the 1999 patch notes link (http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes) that don't seem to coincide with the shard as it currently stands:
Locking down a container now asks whether you want to make it secure or not.
Some traps (freestanding ones in dungeons) are invisible until detected, and when found will become visible to all.
Not sure what that means! Anyone??
You will no longer be able to report people for murder after recalling away.
Pretty sure we fixed this.
You can no longer avoid a deadlier poison by taking a milder one, and getting hit by deadlier poison when already affected by a milder one will supercede the weaker poison.
I never knew this was fixed!
Human NPCs will now immediately delete items they scavenge from the ground, rather than hanging on to them for a while. This was done because of items accumulating in the NPCs if deletion failed.
How cool - I didn't realize NPC's had Scavenger agent too!
Adding items to a trash can past the container limit will cause the instant deletion of everything in the trash can.
This one is actually important, in my opinion. Currently (last time I checked), if you try to go past 425 stones in a trash barrel, you get a message saying it's too full, and you cannot put anything else into it. Looks like it instead instant-deletes whatever was in it, then puts the new items in there. This will make it easier to clean up from a CAPET BOMB!!!
Another new counter we term "pingpong" will be added.
Did we decide on this yet? It's explained pretty clearly.
The area of effect for all spells that target locations is now 15 tiles.
Earthquake is only 8 tiles on our shard. I don't know if this is similar to "targeted" spells, but 8 tile range is VERY small for an EQ. I was actually going to bring this up independently of finding this line in the patch notes.
Real estate brokers will now stay put. They also now sell ink wells and blank scrolls.
Monster camps will no longer spawn partially in houses.
This, I actually saw the other day. I want to say it was Lizardmen with a prisoner, and the camp spawned against a 7x7 wall. The gate/door to the little prison was inside the back wall of the house, so it was impossible to rescue the prisoner.
House bans of players will now be by account instead of by character
I think this is right, but there was some whining about this recently.
Last edited by Mikel123 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 1999 Patch notes

Post by Zorce »

EQ is only 9 tiles here???

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Paralysis does not impede firebreathing, ask any tamer that used it to tame in a pinch.

There is a slight delay when arming,disarming a weapon...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is a lot to respond to individually, some of these are out of out target timeframe, and some are presently working. The timeframe is May to Nov 1999, anything Nov or later shouldn't be on this list.

I'm just on my way out the door, I'll try to put up a more through response.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Zorce wrote:EQ is only 9 tiles here???
I believe it's 8.

I actually ran into this the other day when EQing some sheep in some guy's house. They were all penned in on one tile, and he was one tile diagonal from it. I was able to EQ at the exact point at which it would hit them and not hit him. I counted it to be 8 tiles, though his house wall was in the way so that makes me slightly uncomfortable with the calculation. But I'm 95% sure it's 8.

I'll edit out the dragon/paralysis one (and anything else that anyone sees). Never seen it happen, and I've tamed probably 30 dragons, but I don't para-tame too much.

The rest are from before the November patch; I don't think any of these updates are from November. Some are from before May, my assumption being if they were fixed/added/altered in March, they were in the same state in May unless otherwise mentioned.

None of this stuff is a huge deal; I think the trash barrel one is actually perhaps the most "important".
Last edited by Mikel123 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mikel123 wrote:
An exploit for getting slow weapons to hit faster has been fixed.
Is this related to the wrestling swing timer reset?
No, there is a Japanse guide written in September '99 that explains how to "cycle a weapon" that the Japanese called the technique a "Zero Delay" and also lists the double hit exploit.

The way this feature works is a disarm delay that shifts your current delay to wrestling after unequipping a weapon making it a very simplistic feature... The same thing still happens on EA production shards to this very day when you unequip a weapon which was confirmed by Kaivan.

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

None of these changes go beyond the November cut-off and they're all being implemented properly right now as far as I know.