A few things...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

A few things...

Post by Tal »

I quit playing in March of 2000 (if my memory serves me right) so I know my own timeline extends a bit beyond what is considered "Era Accurate" here. What month are we looking for to replicate? Is it anything pre 2000?

There are a few things that I ran across today while researching to see when magery in town actually started doing damage because I remember having some pretty epic Chaos and Order battles at the E bank with my mage. I have looked through the patch notes for all of 2000 and wasn't able to find when it was implemented.. If anyone has a link to where they put the casting in town in to help save me some time from looking around I would appreciate it. Here is what I have found...

http://web.archive.org/web/200012151116 ... n_168.html

Today you are not able to trade a trapped item or an item that was stolen recently as I have been denied the ability to do this a few times. Looks like this was implemented in Feb of 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010270043 ... n_146.html

I also questioned this piece of it - please feel free to slap me if I am wrong :)
Various checks to ensure the house meets the housing requirements, including whether it is on level ground.
Provides the ability to preview an area with the deed to see if the area is valid.
Once a position is chosen, you will be told whether the area is a valid location or not.
If the area is valid, you will be asked if you wish to place the house.
If the area is not valid, you will be given a message telling you why not and you will not be able to place the house in that location.
It appears this is in our version of UO when it was implemeneted in 2000 as well.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010171731 ... n_212.html
Thanks for your review / comments in advance.

*edit* If this is old news I apologize in advance.

Derrick

Re: A few things...

Post by Derrick »

Tal wrote:Today you are not able to trade a trapped item or an item that was stolen recently as I have been denied the ability to do this a few times. Looks like this was implemented in Feb of 2000.
Aye, this is something that's been known, and is on the list to be changed. It should be mentioned that the requirement that the recipient be able to carry the objects of a trade is also inaccurate, the items should drop to the ground.
Tal wrote:
Various checks to ensure the house meets the housing requirements, including whether it is on level ground.
Provides the ability to preview an area with the deed to see if the area is valid.
Once a position is chosen, you will be told whether the area is a valid location or not.
If the area is valid, you will be asked if you wish to place the house.
If the area is not valid, you will be given a message telling you why not and you will not be able to place the house in that location.
It's surprising to me that the house preview was added this late, however this may be referring the a temporary placement, and not the house ghost targeting cursor. The preview cursor is out of era as well but I believe it was added prior to this. I've considered getting rid of the house preview target as really it's pretty misleading, it never really shows you where the house is actually going to lie.

We do not have the house placement confirmation message that this patch implemented.
Tal wrote:I do not currently lose mana when I fail to scribe a scroll and it appears this change was introduced in 2000.
Failing to scribe a scroll will no longer result in mana loss.
Neat. I wasn't aware of this.

Thanks for this post.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Derrick wrote:I've considered getting rid of the house preview target as really it's pretty misleading, it never really shows you where the house is actually going to lie.
Are you talking about the house ghost image? It does show you "actually" where it's going to be placed *IF* you adjust your client to move the game window to the top left corner (think of it as 0,0 and the house ghost is offset from 0,0 with your target cursor), then the ghost image is 100% accurate..

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Dagon wrote:
Derrick wrote:I've considered getting rid of the house preview target as really it's pretty misleading, it never really shows you where the house is actually going to lie.
Are you talking about the house ghost image? It does show you "actually" where it's going to be placed *IF* you adjust your client to move the game window to the top left corner (think of it as 0,0 and the house ghost is offset from 0,0 with your target cursor), then the ghost image is 100% accurate..
Heh, I never knew that was the problem. I had tried to adjust the offset myself to "fix" it, this would explain why it always seemed different.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."