chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Three Short Adventures

Share stories and special moments with the community.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Three Short Adventures

Post by chumbucket »

Part One: Triple Loot!

If you are a patron of the screenshots forums, you may recall some recent screenshots, posted by myself, of a gentleman by the name of--I'm not making this up---ObiJooKanobie. (He may be a member of $$$?) Here are some screenshots to help refresh your memory.

Now, shorn of context, our friend here may seem a bit unhinged, but he had caught me trying to sneak into his home. He is actually a fine lover of justice. As must be his entire guild. Or so you would think. In fact, they are murderous murderers, who scam and slay the poor, downtrodden newbies of UOSA.

Our first adventure begins, as so many others do, at the West Britain Bank, where a gentleman is gating to a vendor that he promises contains only the finest wares. I go in only to die to ObiJooKanobie's thugs.

I initially just chalked up a minor loss, but decided to take my ghost back in for a look around. Now look at their set up. It seems quite good. They have a few people in a confined area that is completely sealed off. If you can't recall out of there, then you are dead.

Or so it would seem.

I noticed that in the back they had neglected to lock down a table. And that there were loots to be had beyond that table. I brought in two more characters. One I stealthed up next to the place where the guy was casting the gate, next I brought over in plain sight a disguised chumbucket armed with a believable number of reagents, a rune and three mysterious boxes full of junk. The boxes, of course, exploded when opened. And how. In the confusion, I entered with my stealther and took a stroll back past the table to free loots. They were not pleased. I made sure to return the table.

While I was inside, I had been discovered, but simply hiding allowed me more or less free reign. It seemed only one of the survivors of the box incident had the ability to reveal and he was not a terribly swift individual. His friends were not happy. There was also some confusion about the table.

Now it could have ended there, but I can't leave well enough alone. Again, I stealth up to the gate spot. A gate opens. I check on my ghost--there is a clear path to the back. They're not even bothering to replace the table! Double loot!

Eventually, someone thinks to reveal. By this tame, I have everything that is even remotely of value except a bag full of random scrolls. I take my leave, only to return a few moments later to grab a handful of bandages from the bag in which they keep the loot of their victims. Triple loot!

Finally, all the loot worth taking having been taken, I decide on a new plan of action. Armed with a few EV scrolls, I stealth in a fifth time. But instead of going for the loots, I cast the EV. Alas, the tables are back up and the EV likes me best. I died but with a smile on my face and loots in my bank.

Adventure Two: B-D <3's chum

B-D is my pals. They give me all kinds of loots. And I am gonna marry Calista. She is my UOGF! We'll have babies--chumbabies! But it had been a while since we had really spent any quality time together. Seeing that they have a new member named "B-DTrainingThief" got me thinking, "I really ought to spend more time with my loved ones."

Now, B-DTrainingThief needed to get into the B-D Training Tower. Makes sense. I decided I would stop by for a visit. I took five hundred and sixty roll of cloth and two hundred and ninety piles of wool as a parting gift. I left a thank you note. Plus, I noticed that they keep a copy of my edited volume of haiku, "For Calista" on display in their tower. Despite their denials, they do love me.

Part Three: Some Ol' Fashioned Adventuring!

Fresh off my time with ObiJooKanobie and B-D, I came across another chance for adventure in the form of Lord KelFurPhun, who is, I can assure you, a very astute and clear headed individual. He and his pal--a sketchy cardigan--were discussing training up new characters at the bank. It was stated that they would be going to a house for such a purpose. A gate was cast. I decided to tag along.

Alas, I got banned right at the door.

I wandered off screen, opened a gate and a second chumbucket arrived. I stealthed them both back up to the door, ready to make my move. With both chumbucket's in position, I appeared on the banned chumbucket and cast an EV. KelFurPhun had to come out to inspect. But he managed to step right on my other, still hidden chumbucket. He goes for the Wis Quas, but I manage to stealth out of range. This alleviates his fears and he sets upon me. I run away on one chumbucket and into the house on another.

Inside is a large group of macroers and not much to loot. A couple thousand bandages, a couple thousand uncut cloth and a couple thousand nightshade in the bag of one character who is grinding out and drinking poison potions. I decide to move the bandages, so that no one can heal. Unfortunately, only an NPC actually dies. KelFurPhun shows up before any real damage can be inflicted and corrects his macros. I'll need to be a bit more devious.

I bring back the banned chumbucket. And he brings a friend.

Alas, by this point a swordsman by the name of Ironfist is among the macroers, and even afk he is able to easily dispatch my pal. I decide that I will need a bit more firepower.

As luck would have it, everyone seems to check their macro at the key moment. Only the alchemist ends up dead. KelFurPhun is not pleased.

I flee. In the confusion, the two thousand nightshade disappear. KelFurPhun's theory is that one of the monsters took it. I come back in search of the missing nightshade, only to be cut down by the angry macroers. Alas. I do manage, however, to give them at least three counts. Plus, I have that two thousand cloth. (I eventually gave it to a newbie.)

Such was my adventure.

Of course, there is the matter of the IRC logs.

Session Ident: Kel
[01:22] Session Ident: Kel (WildIRC, chumbucket)
[01:22] <Kel> u recalled man
01[01:22] <chumbucket> I NO GOOD AT PVP :(
[01:23] <Kel> i would of took you in and trained you and give u whatever u needed if u were honest
[01:23] <Kel> sorry man.
01[01:23] <chumbucket> I R NEW!

Later...

[03:02] <Kel-NIN> 0wned
01[03:02] <chum-SLEEP> ?
[03:02] <Kel-NIN> either join me or keep dying over and over like u have been
01[03:03] <chum-SLEEP> join you?
[03:03] <Kel-NIN> your either with me or against me
01[03:03] <chum-SLEEP> i am?
[03:03] <Kel-NIN> and well lol.. being against me hasnt worked too good for u
01[03:03] <chum-SLEEP> did you take my loots!?
01[03:03] <chum-SLEEP> wtf y u pk?!
01[03:04] <chum-SLEEP> me n iron was gonna train more in ur hous
[03:04] <Kel-NIN> your like my girlfriend.. u are just desperate for attention
01[03:04] <chum-SLEEP> can i touch

Pristiq

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: Three Short Adventures

Post by Pristiq »

<chum-SLEEP> can i touch

I lol'd.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Downs

Post by Downs »

lol that first adventure, is it by yew liches? cause if it is, i snuck in and out 3x last week and cleaned em out!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Funny story but how did you get into a locked house again?

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I wandered off screen, opened a gate and a second chumbucket arrived. I stealthed them both back up to the door, ready to make my move. With both chumbucket's in position, I appeared on the banned chumbucket and cast an EV. KelFurPhun had to come out to inspect. But he managed to step right on my other, still hidden chumbucket. He goes for the Wis Quas, but I manage to stealth out of range. This alleviates his fears and he sets upon me. I run away on one chumbucket and into the house on another.
I think he said he cast EV on his banned character, that caused one of t hem to come outside to investigate hence opening the doors for his hidden non-banned character to sneak in...

princesspeach

Post by princesspeach »

Haha omg this is hilarious, POO guild is horrible. (which is almost the first half of the pictures) Before I joined POO and I was in the guild for a couple days, I made the dumb mistake of running through a gate which was so stupid. I wasn't even prepared for combat and I got devastated by multiple dexxers, curiosity killed the cat! I then joined POO guild and joined in on the fun. But before that all happened, while I was still a ghost and watching. I saw a part that wasn't even in the story as well. chumbucket kept on going in the gate and messing with them all hahaha. I couldn't stop laughing as I could hear everything they said. They would try so hard to kill chum and all he did was kept running around and using invis items, they got really mad. I remember chumbucket recalling and he said something right before he disappeared which was funny. After that they let me join in on the fun and I think for the most part I was the only one using the detect skill.
Against all odds.WAR US
TDC Chronicles:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=12057
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

ariok

Post by ariok »

Pristiq wrote:<chum-SLEEP> can i touch

I lol'd.
I second that "I lol'd"
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Nice ressurrection of a 3 yo thread......
lol

kabal57

Post by kabal57 »

How the hell do you manage all this fun??
I wander around with my thief, stealthing through gates and such, only to be detected and killed/banned
find unlocked doors only to have tables locked down blocking the entrance, I've had zero luck with my thief.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

chum does not look at time spent to cash made.He looks at time spent to fun had,and he thinks way outside the box.

For every story he posts like this there is probably 200 or 400 hours of fruitless play for him.

SethTersius

Post by SethTersius »

kabal57 wrote:How the hell do you manage all this fun??
I wander around with my thief, stealthing through gates and such, only to be detected and killed/banned
find unlocked doors only to have tables locked down blocking the entrance, I've had zero luck with my thief.
LudKrud wrote:chum does not look at time spent to cash made.He looks at time spent to fun had,and he thinks way outside the box.

For every story he posts like this there is probably 200 or 400 hours of fruitless play for him.
^ That

Plus most of Chum's stories are back from when all this stuff was a little more possible.

- Deeds werent newbied
- Could drop tables on a stealther
- People werent as experienced

Among others.

Not that it isnt still possible, it just requires people make a big mistake and luck more than anything else. I've always hazarded a guess this is why chum doesnt play as much anymore, but it's just a guess and his reasons are his own.

Return to “Tales of Adventure”