Macroing Magery w/out Resist - Best Way?

Moderator: Support Moderators

fatmagic

Macroing Magery w/out Resist - Best Way?

Post by fatmagic »

I'm looking to Macro my Magery up to 100, and I wanted to know what the best & most Reagent efficient spells to cast in order to do this? Mind you I have 0 Magic Resist, and I don't plan on leveling that at all.

So what's the best order of spells to do this? And with reagent count in mind?

Thanks ahead of time!

Krats

Re: Macroing Magery w/out Resist - Best Way?

Post by Krats »

0 - 30: Train via NPC
30-62: Lightning Bolt
62 - 90: E-Bolt
90 - GM: Flamestrike

Target self if your training in Town;
Target your Spell Book if your training in a House.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I use invisibility to 92 then FS on another character you want resist on, or just do the lightning, e bolt, fs thing on that character also.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

From 30-44: Fireball : Black Pearl
From 44-62.9: Lightnening : Mandrake Root & Sulfurous Ash
From 63.0-82.9: Energy Bolt : Black Pearl & Nightshade
From 82.9-100: Flame Strike : Spider's Silk & Sulphurous Ash
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Krats

Post by Krats »

lightning bolt, ebolt, and FS all require 2 regs. Invis requires 3 if i remember correctly.

less resources used generally means more efficient
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Krats wrote:lightning bolt, ebolt, and FS all require 2 regs. Invis requires 3 if i remember correctly.
Incorrect, invisibility uses moss and shade.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Krats

Post by Krats »

I stand corrected, that would be a viable option then ^_^

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

hiicha wrote:From 30-44: Fireball : Black Pearl
NOTE: this is displayed skill and not "show real"... you wont get to 62.9 real with lightning and MANY a toon have wasted reags when reading these guides...

If you are in town at a bank set up a simple restock macro so you only pull 5 or 10 reags at a time (if that many) and typically theifs will leave you be. (see guides section for help on restock if you need it)

But do the shard a favor and go to a small quiet bank... Everyone hates AFK'ers at WBB and the other popular banks! Good luck!

Krats

Post by Krats »

Hoots wrote:
hiicha wrote:From 30-44: Fireball : Black Pearl
NOTE: this is displayed skill and not "show real"... you wont get to 62.9 real with lightning and MANY a toon have wasted reags when reading these guides...

If you are in town at a bank set up a simple restock macro so you only pull 5 or 10 reags at a time (if that many) and typically theifs will leave you be. (see guides section for help on restock if you need it)

But do the shard a favor and go to a small quiet bank... Everyone hates AFK'ers at WBB and the other popular banks! Good luck!
I agree with this, I would switch to EBolt at 61 at the latested, and yes Restock Agent is your friend.

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Excellent! This is exactly what I was looking for - THANK YOU!

2nd Question: Is there a way to write a script in Razor that automatically detects your "shown skill", and then adjusts to the next spell in line accordingly (according to your list above)? Or do I need to manually adjust my script once it reaches the next spell to begin training? Just trying to find a way to macro this effectively while I'm at work during the day, and not burn up all my reagents on one spell. But if that's the only way to do it - that's fine. Just trying to be efficient :)

Thanks again for all the help guys

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

fatmagic wrote:Excellent! This is exactly what I was looking for - THANK YOU!

2nd Question: Is there a way to write a script in Razor that automatically detects your "shown skill", and then adjusts to the next spell in line accordingly (according to your list above)? Or do I need to manually adjust my script once it reaches the next spell to begin training? Just trying to find a way to macro this effectively while I'm at work during the day, and not burn up all my reagents on one spell. But if that's the only way to do it - that's fine. Just trying to be efficient :)

Nope.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Manually adjusting is easier, but you could work out some For loops and use: If SysMessage = "62" or whatever skill level you want it to change at.

I did this with stealing, "If SysMessage = "40" then pickup bottle, drop in pack. Then repeated for each skill level (50, 60, 70, 80, 90) and essentially afk macro'd stealing from 30-100
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

I suspected as much. This isn't a problem :)

Thanks again all for the answers!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

you can put an if conditional in say for example

if system message 62.0- "meaning you hit 62 skill with lightning"

pause 2000

then you can end a macro with the end current macro hotkey under the macro grouping under hotkeys. Record that.

then you can put the "Else" command in at last.

this will at least save you regs.

I dont know about beginning another macro via hotkey in this macro as you have to end the current macro first I assume...toy with it, maybe it will work. Maybe beginning another macro will end the current one.
I havent been afk macroing in some time so I dont know myself. I tend to just turn it off. Something I will look into in the future though.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

I would imagine I would have to setup a chained macro if that's possible (fire off a second macro from inside this one), or a heavily nested macro (lots of IFs statements inside each other).

The condition would have to be exactly "61.9" (or whatever number you need), because if you use "62" - it will probably keep kicking off over and over since you go through "62.X" a total of ten times.

I may try this and see how it goes. If I get somewhere with it, I will post my macro here for the benefit of all :)