What kind of armor should I use?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Zane

What kind of armor should I use?

Post by Zane »

I played pre T2A where armor didn't conflict with much. I've been messing around with different sets of armor, but I want to know if someone can give me a better idea of how I should be suiting up for the following character types:

Tank Mage
Dexxer
Mage Bard (or general mage hybrid other then Tank Mage if they differ)

Thanks.

Dagon

Re: What kind of armor should I use?

Post by Dagon »

Tank mages generally have no armor, since they use meditation. Can't meditate through armor.
Dexxer generally wears chainmail with plate gorget/helm. Only 1 dex loss for the gorget and decent AR all together.
Full plate has better AR, obviously, but 16 dex loss.
Ringmail I'm not sure of the AR but again would only be 1 dex loss if you used a gorget, and it's generally cheaper than chain.
Mage bard, not sure, I suppose you could use anything.. depends if you add meditation or not and what your primary/secondary method of fighting was after the provoke was nullified by there being only 1 monster left, heh.

And you can find all your armor needs at the Yew Bank Mall and surrounding shops. :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: What kind of armor should I use?

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

if you made a mage that had higher dex then int which had meditation
such as

fencing
Tactics
Evaluating Intrelligence
Mage
Resist
Meditation
Healing (without anatomy)

Maybe 95 70 60 stats...

you might want to use magic leather on a dress macro. You'd be a hit and runner though. In a group youd do all right, cast from behind run in DP run out.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”