Alternative PvP League - Milk Bags vs. Freedom Fries

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Alternative PvP League - Milk Bags vs. Freedom Fries

Post by chumbucket »

NOTE: These are the official rules, but are subject to change. Constructive feedback is very welcome.

See our forums.

Who We Are and What We're About

We are two guilds [Milk Bags and Freedom Fries] who are at war each other. Our goal is to create a different kind of player versus player environment for a fun side project. (This isn't meant to take the place of your main characters.) We restrict weapon and skill choice to encourage a diverse set of different templates, play styles and tactics. We want to see weapons and spells get use that usually go overlooked.

There will be free-for-all PVP whenever you find the enemy guild, but there will also be special prearranged battles announced ahead of time, so that we can get some big fights. For example, we might have a capture the flag game, a castle siege (one side defends, another attacks) and so on.

The Rules

Do note that these are subject to change as we experiment with what works.

1.All players must follow the restrictions listed in the Skills, Spells and Equipment section of this post.
2.All players must make their character public on MyUOSA.

Skills, Spell and Equipment

Skills

The following skills are forbidden: Meditation, Resisting Spells, Wrestling, Evaluate Intelligence, Animal Taming, Poisoning

Spells

Poison, Recall and all Summon Spells are forbidden. (All other spell are admissible including Gate Travel, Poison Field, Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex.)

Equipment: Armor and Weapons

All magic weapons and armor are forbidden.

Only the following types of weapons may be used: Longsword, Mace and X-Bow

No metal or bone armor of any kind may be worn. (This does not include shields.)

Equipment: Other

The following items may not be used:

Potions (except nightsight)
Trapped Pouches
Mounts

FAQ

Q: Why are there all these restrictions?

A: To create variety in characters and tactics. Currently, PvP is dominated by two templates. This is meant to create an environment in which people can adopt new and diverse playstyles.

Q: Doesn't this favor melee fighters? Mages have no role?

A: Not exactly. There will be no hally mages, but magery will still be a useful skill. Mages will still have a very important role using all the spells no one ever uses in PvP: Blade Spirits, Fire Field, Paralyze Field, Poison Field, Arch Cure...well, the list goes on. Plus, you'll want mages around to counteract the other guild's mages. They cast a BS in your midst, you're gonna need a mage to dispel!

Q: Why don't you allow weapon/armor/spell X?

A: Because I think it is overpowered or too common in normal PvP. Also, we restrict weapons to one of a certain type for each combat skill for the sake of simplicity. People didn't really like it when I suggested a long list of allowable and forbidden weapons. The weapon requirements in particular may change over time, as we see what works and what doesn't. We also may allow different weapons during large prearranged battles.

Q: How will you keep people from cheating?

A: First, everyone must make their character public on MyUOSA. We will check that list regularly. Failure to conform will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Second, we ask that if you see someone cheating, take a screen-shot and let someone in charge know ASAP. Third, we hope that there just won't be much reason to cheat. There is no loot, there is no glory. There is just people getting together for a different and hopefully fun experience.

Q: How am I going to raise magery without meditation?

A: If you want to make a mage, build up your magery before you join the guild. That way, you can use meditation to raise it. You will be required to drop meditation before you join. If you decide you want to change to magery after you have joined, I would recommend you resign, build up magery and meditation, drop meditation when you are done building magery and then rejoin.

Q: No fencing weapons are allowed. Why would I ever choose fencnig?

A: You shouldn't. Fencing has nothing but very good PvP weapons and the dagger. We do not want krysses and warforks for the same reason we don't want katanas and halberds. So no fencing weapons. So no reason to choose fencing as a skill.

Q: So when will this start?

A: Currently, we are all building characters. Organized battles will commence at the end of October of 2009.

Q: How do I join?

A: Contact chumbucket via PM on the forums or IRC. He will arrange to have you added to a guildstone.

Q: Can I have more than one character in this? Can I have characters in both guilds?

A: Yes.

Q: These characters will not be able to compete with hally mages on horses.

A: They're not meant to do that. They're meant to fight each other. Any fighting with outsiders is beyond what this is intended for and, while permitted, is probably not wise (unless you have a large archer gank squad).

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Alternative PvP League - Milk Bags vs. Freedom Fries

Post by chumbucket »

a reply

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Wow, great idea ;)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

*BUMP*

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

This sounds awesome but I don't think i have the time/patience to make a character for this.

you should just have everyone make a new 50/50 character for it.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

VERSUS

Return to “Guild Recruitment”