Mechanics for weapon/tactic gains

Moderator: Support Moderators

Kankerfist

Mechanics for weapon/tactic gains

Post by Kankerfist »

I tried searching for this but couldn't find it. Does weapons / tactics only go up when you hit something, or can they also go up when something hits you? I'm wondering if it would be faster to spar with multiple enemies hitting me while trying to gain swords and tactics. Sorry if this was already asked, any advice is appreciated

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Mechanics for weapon/tactic gains

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Tactics gains on successful hits so after you GM your weapon(s) and you still haven't GMed tactics, give the npc a weapon in which the npc is not familiar with. Or if you have a vet you could use a stable animal like a horse which has virtually no weapon skill.

If you were trying to gain weapon skill you could have two healers heal both you and an npc who is actively in combat raising thier skill as well. Meaning they would be hitting you back. Or if you have access to a vet tamer and had a more powerful monster then a npc to train with that might be better.

The better they are at their weapon skill the better your gains in a weapon skill. The less trained they are in a weapon skill the better your tactics will gain.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Kankerfist

Post by Kankerfist »

interesting! I didnt know that about the opponents weapon skill. One other thing, if I have 2 NPCs hitting me with say swords, will my sword skill go up faster than if there was just 1 NPC hitting me?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Parry would...you can only direct your attack towards one target at a time.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”