Snooping while Stealthed should reveal

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Snooping while Stealthed should reveal

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Rendar wrote: There's no nerfs. There's only "what it was". I honestly never played a thief so I couldn't tell you if that's how it was. Those making the changes seem pretty confident that's how it was. So if that's how it was, then that's how it was. Quit crying like an 8yr old with a skinned knee.
That's really easy to say, and I am with you there to a point, but it's really not that simple. The reality is that quite a few changes are added/not based on the playerbase. Accuracy is probably the second determining factor. Unless the proposition effects everyone equally across the board, in an insignificant way, then Accuracy seems to be the primary decider. (Think 1-at-a-time bandages).

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

This snooping change was really devastating to thieves. I wish more people realized this. =/

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Terrible change
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

There's no nerfs. There's only "what it was".
What is was during UO:R ?

QniDopi

Post by QniDopi »

There's no nerfs. There's only "what it was". I honestly never played a thief so I couldn't tell you if that's how it was. Those making the changes seem pretty confident that's how it was. So if that's how it was, then that's how it was. Quit crying like an 8yr old with a skinned knee.
You never plaied thief.. this explains your incompetency.. When you say "quit crying" it sounds soo cool.. Notice no one here is crying.. this is constructive criticism. One whole aspect of the game is being NERFED with this change so next time before you say something is not being nerfed you could look into the net or ask someone who knows what it means.. I think since the change is so important to a certain class it sholud be considered what consiquences will folllow it..

Btw thief and especialy stealth one requires much more skill then the hally mages will ever do..

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

QniDopi wrote:
There's no nerfs. There's only "what it was". I honestly never played a thief so I couldn't tell you if that's how it was. Those making the changes seem pretty confident that's how it was. So if that's how it was, then that's how it was. Quit crying like an 8yr old with a skinned knee.
You never plaied thief.. this explains your incompetency.. When you say "quit crying" it sounds soo cool.. Notice no one here is crying.. this is constructive criticism. One whole aspect of the game is being NERFED with this change so next time before you say something is not being nerfed you could look into the net or ask someone who knows what it means.. I think since the change is so important to a certain class it sholud be considered what consiquences will folllow it..

Btw thief and especialy stealth one requires much more skill then the hally mages will ever do..

You can say I don't know what I'm talking about, but what I'm saying is very clear & direct. But, to dumb it down further for you. I'll give you 2 options.

Choose:

A) During the T2A era, snooping while stealthed did NOT reveal you. This recent change is NOT how it was during the era and needs to be fixed.

or

B) During the T2A era, snooping DID reveal you while stealthed and I want to bitch & moan about it because [insert previous 8yr old comment]

That's it. Those are the only 2 ways to look at it man. If you choose option A then you have the same problem I have with regards to reactive armor. Prove it. I know, for a fact, 100%, Reactive Armor is TOTALLY broken on this server. But, I have no way to prove it. *shrug* Oh well.
Make your choice.
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

rouss

Post by rouss »

STOP BITCHING

I've never played a thief back in the day so I can't say anything for sure but I'm all for era accuracy.

I'm playing a thief here on UOSA. I used to crawl in the dungeons, stealing t-maps and weapons. However, this is inaccurate. I've proven this, linking to patch notes and a discussion that took place in 1999.

If you have something to prove this wrong, please do tell. Get your facts straight. Look through discussions, stratics, etc. Prove your point instead of moaning here.
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Was this link after UOR where hiding allowed you to automatically stealth making the two basically interchangeable?

You know where it says

"Now counting stealth steps"?

Stealth isn't even listed as an action...but with other skills that are basically item dependent or passive.

But I mean here it says snooping will unhide you...so even re-hiding would not have been the out...
http://web.archive.org/web/199910012205 ... tealth.htm

I can only imagine that when this was put in that hiding and stealth was one action...
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Any of the actions which normally unhides you still will. (including snooping)
Seriously??? Since when did snooping reveal anyone? This is dumb. It should follow the same rules as hiding regarding reveal/tracking etc. Who even wrote that stupid way back when crap. It can't possibly be copied from patch notes based on spelling and grammatical errors.
There is not enough accurate evidence to support this being changed. You're using testimony from some random idiot that says you can walk 16 paces to justify this change.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I give a very clear explanation for why snooping while stealthing does indeed reveal you when you attempt to snoop here. This should explain things more clearly.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

Well, you seem to know your way around researching UO era subjects. Wish I had seen that post before I opened my big fat mouth.

Can you look into healing in regards to being poisoned? I played a dexxer and if you started the bandage prior to being poisoned you would heal damage and only have the 15 second timer. I always used to chug a cure then start bandaging. Maybe this is out of our time frame. I just don't have the patience to scrub ancient webpages for information like this.