Tracking

Moderator: Support Moderators

chainsoar

Tracking

Post by chainsoar »

I've been trying without success to make a working tracking macro, and I can't quite get it right. Could someone post the .macro contents for a decent macro for me? Much appreciated.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tracking

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

As in a macro to train skill? At work right now so cant post the file, but what's giving you trouble?

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Well first off I'm not sure how slow gains are meant to be for this skill as I've never used it before, but I'm at 24.4 and making no real gains with the current macro I'm using. I've tried a few different macros, some of which involve selecting a menu option then canceling the gump, and some which just use the skill then pause for 11 sec. The first one gives me trouble when it says there are no beings of that type in the area, which causes it to time out, and the second method means coming back to find a billion menus filling up my screen and killing my PC.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I remember the menus overlaying each other when i was training it. Just get one of your other characters to stand in your house and track them. Might have to put small delays between then gump selections also....

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

record it as is...the gumps stay open if you put in delays except for a pause at the end.

Find a place like Yew or Minoc in an area with few people...track only the first person you have access to.

In other words the menu response to who you want to track should always be one.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Lor

Post by Lor »

If you change it to a time delay instead of wait for gump it doesn't work right...

Downs

Post by Downs »

right click wait for menu and edit the timeout from 300 or whatever it is to like 5. that way u dont get hung up if a menu doesnt pop
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Just record it as is...pauses will screw up your macro. You just need to insert a ten minute pause at the end. You need to work it a little at first just to make sure you don't fail..late teens early twenties worked for me. Only one if any Gump will open.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”