Gate Hoppers BEWARE!!!

Topics related to Second Age
sirrayiv

Gate Hoppers BEWARE!!!

Post by sirrayiv »

OK, so the past few days there have been people walking into my Gates, and I have always been annoyed by this behavior, but its to the point where I am going to do something about it now.

My question to you fellow gamers out there who find this behavior offensive too, what is your solution to the problem?

I used to open gates to the most dangerous place I could find, when I had an easy mark around, who was sure to follow, but I am not sure where those spots may be on this server due to the spawn map on this shard being different than what OSI's servers were back in the day....

I also would be down if any murderers out there wanna play a little game with me...called, kill the noob that comes through the gate... I would go open Gates in Public places, and then help you loot the morons that popped into the gate...of course, that is if you can gate inside houses.....I know you could do this back in t2a, but I haven't checked to see if this works here or not. And if it doesn't, then we could still pick a nice little cosey place to play our game in.
Perhaps even get some screen shots, to show everyone why Gate Jumping might get you face down in the dirt!

Of course, I just said to a guy who jumped into a gate of mine, that continuing to do that might just get him killed one of these days, and he replied....nah!!!

HELP ME PROVE HIM WRONG!!! Players like this deserve to be bent over, and taught a HARD lesson.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Gate Hoppers BEWARE!!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Gate-hoppers are usually 1 of 2 people.

1) People who let the curiosity of the "mysterious blue gate that could go anywhere" get the better of them.

2) Stealthers/theives who live for the covert-espionage game and are stalking for the perfect time to strike/steal.

Either way, they should know that the consequences of running into a strange gate are solely in their own hands.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Krats

Post by Krats »

Duke Jones wrote:Gate-hoppers are usually 1 of 2 people.

1) People who let the curiosity of the "mysterious blue gate that could go anywhere" get the better of them.

2) Stealthers/theives who live for the covert-espionage game and are stalking for the perfect time to strike/steal.

Either way, they should know that the consequences of running into a strange gate are solely in their own hands.

I do it for both reasons, but I am the Fail @ #2.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Natty Bo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Natty Bo »

Half the fun in gate hopping is NOT knowing where the gate will take you, such as the seventh circle of Dante's Hell.
The other half of the fun is landing in someone's unattended house, kicking back in their favourite chair, raiding their fridge, kicking up your feet while you watch their tv and then leaving with a sackful of their loot.

I should preview my replies before I post them just because of the typo's
I have the best job: I get to legally deal drugs, electrocute you if I feel the need, and if I'm of a particular mood make fun of what ails you in the "kindest" of ways.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

It is quite rare that, even in a bad situation, an experienced gate hopper will be killed. We go in the gate while hidden. We are ready to go out that very same gate, recall or help-stuck out if the situation calls for it. There isn't really much you can do other than be ready to ban people. (I just had a couple of guy hop into my house the other day while I was transporting reagents. Fortunately, my house is insanely secure and the bans were quickly dispensed.) That said, you should be able to get plenty of inexperienced or unprepared gatehoppers.

The best move here--and It is a quite common scam--is for people to gate from their homes and LEET PVP whoever comes through. I doubt any monster-laden spots will prove sufficiently dangerous. (I looked once and could never find any that were good enough.)

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Can you dispel Gates in T2A era? I remember playing (not sure if it was after T2A or not), and people opening gates, waiting for people to pop through - and then dispelling the gate and ganking them. Just wondering if people still do this.

p.s. I also go through gates for the thrill/risk of it, and hopefully finding a mark (#2 reason above). Like my signature says... "Opportunity makes the thief". And a gate... can be an opportunity!

Krats

Post by Krats »

fatmagic wrote:Can you dispel Gates in T2A era? I remember playing (not sure if it was after T2A or not), and people opening gates, waiting for people to pop through - and then dispelling the gate and ganking them. Just wondering if people still do this.

p.s. I also go through gates for the thrill/risk of it, and hopefully finding a mark (#2 reason above). Like my signature says... "Opportunity makes the thief". And a gate... can be an opportunity!
nice Thief 3 Sig ^_^
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Sir Rellik

Post by Sir Rellik »

Duke Jones wrote:Gate-hoppers are usually 1 of 2 people.

or 3) Reds saying "THEY GATED TO THEIR HOUSE LETS GO!" then they go into town and get guardwhacked lol

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I decided to go into a gate that was in the GY one time which could of been a bad idea but it turned out that it led into some guys house. When I went in, I telekenesised an armoir and found it full of bottles of liquor. The owner of the house came running in to kill me just as I looted his last bottle of liquor.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Kabal wrote:I decided to go into a gate that was in the GY one time which could of been a bad idea but it turned out that it led into some guys house. When I went in, I telekenesised an armoir and found it full of bottles of liquor. The owner of the house came running in to kill me just as I looted his last bottle of liquor.

Hmm, you sure those weren't MiBs? If they were MiBs and you took'em all without getting killed, Good haul!
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Theres a book in my castle library called "Town fishing"

I love when people go through my gates, Those that do not help stuck (NOT ERA ACCURATE) Die instantly. Most of the stealthers are banned anyway.

I would really be for the removal of help stuck out of houses. atleast instant help stuck, make it last a minute or two like going to town. At the moment people exploit the hell out of it. They run in houses, help stuck out to get a few extra inches away from me pking them, garbage like that. People use it to get out of their houses without recalling or risking opening the door. And people are totally safe being house loot stealthers becuase of it. It not accurate, lame and needs to be changes.
[broken image]

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Just happend again!

Pking someone, he ran into a tower, help stuck + recalled

Game over.
[broken image]

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

Krats wrote: nice Thief 3 Sig ^_^
Thanks :mrgreen: Took a while to create... had to merge a few of the Thief 3 box art together, and do some color replacements to get it how I wanted it. But it ended up quite nice :) Sorry for off topic!

Any answer to my original post? Sorry I'm a newb about most of this stuff. Can a gate be dispelled?

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Yes, you can dispell one side of a gate with the dispell field spell.

You have to target the blue of the gate with the cursor.
[broken image]

fatmagic

Post by fatmagic »

tekai wrote:Yes, you can dispell one side of a gate with the dispell field spell.

You have to target the blue of the gate with the cursor.
Perfect! Thanks Tekai!!