Remove Trap

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Baldamier

Remove Trap

Post by Baldamier »

REPORTED ISSUE:
Lower level chests sometimes take many more attempts to disarm than high level chests. I have GM Remove Trap.

ISSUE DETAILS:
I believe the two chests that spawn in the Ancient Wyrm room are level 3 (by the entrance) and level 5 (by the Ancient Wyrm), but since I'm not sure I'll give a rundown on the loot.

Lower level chest: 165 Gold, 10 arrows, 2 4th circle scrolls, non-magic hat, magic hat, leather sleeves of defense, quarterstaff of ruin

Higher level chest: 369 gold, 25 reagents, 4 gems, 6 charge GHeal wand, Pitchfork of force, 2 pieces magic jewelry, 2 6th circle scrolls, 3 5th circle scrolls, 4 3rd circle scrolls,

In this case the high level chest took 6 attempts to disarm. The lower level chest took almost 40. This has happened quite a bit, though I don't have the exact numbers.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS:
Everywhere, but this time it was in the Ancient Wyrm room

STEPS TO RECREATE:
Go to Ancient Wyrm room and use remove trap on both chests

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Takes a looong time to disarm the lower level chest (sometimes)

DATE REPORTED:
9-28-09

Derrick

Re: Remove Trap

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, looking into this.

The level 3 chest seems to be much more random in difficulty than the higher level chest.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

Yesterday I tried disarming the level 3 chest in the Ancient Wyrm room. I let my disarm macro (10 second timer) run for about 20 minutes with no success. Definitely something broken here. I've never had this problem with a level 5 chest. But today I disarmed it on the first try. The problem seems totally random.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I first tried to do a non macro path to remove trap. This was the problem I ran into as well...without gains!!!

So I decided to macro instead.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Baldamier

Post by Baldamier »

I found it was a waste of time as well trying to gain off dungeon chests. I just macroed it with my tinker. Problem is Im at GM remove trap and still have this problem.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Bump cuz I'm curious to know if there has been any updates. ;)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Level 5 chest?!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Safir wrote:Bump cuz I'm curious to know if there has been any updates. ;)
I belive this was fixed in the fall, there were multiple issues with remove trap.

If anyone is aware of any current remove trap issues this would be a good thread to post in.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mimner

Post by Mimner »

I am experiencing this problem with dungeon chests. The lower level ones (with 150gp or so) are very random in difficulty. Some I can't seem to open at all. Level 4 chests seem easier to disarm as I haven't run into one that I continually failed at.

Another thing, I've never once set off a trap from failing to disarm it. Is it even possible to set it off?

I have gm Remove Trap but only 50 Detect Hidden. Does detect hidden affect your success with this skill?