Razor: The server address you entered could not be resolved.

aXe

Razor: The server address you entered could not be resolved.

Post by aXe »

I've been having this frustrating problem since the patch obviously. Now I have tried EVERYTHING, I completely reinstalled UO t2a as well as razor both the newest and the old version. I attempted to even download framework 2.0 but it was already built into my operating system (vista 32 bit). Clearly I am out of options and there is nothing left for me to do, I have tried everything. So unfortunately if I can't get my razor up and running soon, all my houses will decay and then there will be pretty much no point of me returning, please help!
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor: The server address you entered could not be resolved.

Post by orionsune »

Ok...

I need some information from you, i'm going to start simple so forgive me if you've already performed some of these steps.

1. Open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> "Cmd" -> Enter) and type "ping uosecondage.com".
What response do you get? You'll either see "...could not find host..." or a ping reply with an IP address

aXe

Post by aXe »

Sorry forgot to mention that Derrick and I did this already, yes I can ping with uosecondage.com.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Have you tried using the IP ( 64.34.170.79 ) address instead of the hostname in razor?

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

change login.cfg in uo's directory to have UOSA's server and port, youll be able to log in without razor and refresh

aXe

Post by aXe »

Yes i tried the 64.34.170.79 and sadly it didn't work as well!

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

In the meantime I would go with Dagon's solution so you can at least refresh your houses.

You can try editing C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and adding an entry as follows;

Code: Select all

64.34.170.79     uosecondage.com
Then try razor again.

Also, can you entertain me and post a screenshot of you razor splash and the error please?

aXe

Post by aXe »

When i try to change the login.cfg or even the hosts to add the 64.34.170.79 uosecondage.com i get this error

Cannot create the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file

Make sure that path and file name are correct.

???

Dunimere

Post by Dunimere »

Here's the info from my Razor screen. Don't know if it will help or not.
Load Client: 2D Client (Auto Detect)
*Check* Patch client encryptioin
"UO Data Directory"
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondains Legacy (had to physicle select due to ea's changes to directory names)
"Server"
uosecondage.com (Port) 2593

If you still get the error msg, try googling it and get a replacement host file.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you are getting host cannot be resolved, but you are able to ping the same name from the command line, either Razor is corrupted, or you've mistyped the host name.

When you typed in the IP address, did you get "Address cannot be resolved" as well?

Also, if you haven't tried. Attempt running razor as administrator, by right clicking on the razor shortcut and choosing Run As Administrator

Do you have another PC available from which you can try to connect?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I agree with Derrick on running it in admin mode. The fact that you cannot create a host file (it should already exist btw) clues me in that your account does not have admin privileges.

aXe

Post by aXe »

I don't see how razor could be corrupted when I've reinstalled in multiple times. I also did try running it as administrator, using the ip address as well as the uosecondage.com and sadly both resulted in the same "Bad Server Address" error "The server address you entered could not be resolved."

It won't allow me to connect to any shard, I even tried to connect to the default shards in razor and the same error appears.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Can you instant message me sometime this afternoon after say 7:00PM eastern time and I can work with you on this issue in a more realtime manner? My IM's are available on my forum profile.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

aXe wrote:When i try to change the login.cfg or even the hosts to add the 64.34.170.79 uosecondage.com i get this error

Cannot create the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file

Make sure that path and file name are correct.

???
This error is strange, even more so that no one has picked up on it. Go to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and open it with notepad, see if you find the IP address or hostname for SecondAge in there.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I advised him on this already.
orionsune wrote:You can try editing C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and adding an entry as follows;
His response was...
aXe wrote:Cannot create the C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file
Which tells me either his account does not have admin privs, or he did something wrong... in any case, we tried this already.

The really strange part of this, is there actually no DNS activity until after you enter your credentials into the UO login screen, not when pressing Okay on razor. That is what throws me off... you can test this yourself by entering a bogus hostname in razor... uo still opens and asks for credentials, you just get a hang at verifying account is all.
hemporer wrote:This error is strange, even more so that no one has picked up on it. Go to "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and open it with notepad, see if you find the IP address or hostname for SecondAge in there.
Yeah I picked up on the hosts thing way back in this thread...