corrupted razor ??

Armalite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

corrupted razor ??

Post by Armalite »

I'm not sure if this has been covered, so sorry if it has. My friend's girlfriend has downloaded razor and UO. She keeps getting a corrupted file error message when she tries to install razor. She has tried downloading from the RunUO site, and also the razor download from here :

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10695T

We are completely out of ideas. We have tried compatibility mode, admin mode, etc. The error says something like error: razor/razor.exe, and something about /crypt.dll. I have no idea what either of those mean. She also says there's the corrupted file thing. Can anyone help please ?

Here's the message she is getting:

System.InvalidOperationException: This Razor installation is corrupted.
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: corrupted razor ??

Post by orionsune »

Try running updater.exe in the Razor installation folder again.

Armalite
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Armalite »

She tried the updater.exe, and when she ran razor, her system freaked out and froze. Then it came back with the same sys message:

System.InvalidOperationException: This Razor installation is corrupted.
at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

You mention something about crypt.dll in the error message, can you be more specific?

Just so that i'm clear, you are getting this error message while trying to install razor? or after installation and trying to run razor?

There are two things that have worked consistently for other people with the identical problem. Running updater.exe and running razor as an Administrator, since you have tried both, then I have to ask for good measure, are you certain there are no viruses, malware, etc... on the PC?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Crypt.DLL is version checked on Razor launch and will give this message if it fails. I think Updater is also checked, but I can't remember.

My recomendation would be to Uninstall, then delete all Razor .DLL's and .Exe's in the Razor folder and reinstall.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."