The Time Lord - Official Staff Story (Archive)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

How do you rate this event on a scale of 1 to 5?

11%
No votes
17%
33%
39%

Total votes: 18

Kasimir

The Time Lord - Official Staff Story (Archive)

Post by Kasimir »

Hello Everyone, I am Kasimir and I will be your host for this event. The purpose of this thread is to serve as a herald, as well as an archive, of the events to come - major events. I guarantee you all that this story will, in no way, harm the very important accuracy that Second Age holds toward the T2A era. You may discuss the story in this thread, but I am not going to give anything vital away (not even if you say please). I'm apologizing ahead of time about the first part of the event because it will be boring and I know you are all expecting fights, but I promise you all, there will be more than enough fighting for you in the coming events. So, without further a due, I am very pleased to bring you the introduction to this story, and I hope that everyone will be involved as it will bring rewards for participation as well as hours of enjoyment.

WARNING: All disruptive and inappropriate participants will be jailed immediately from the area for the duration of the event, and, depending on the severity of the action, will be forbidden from participating in future events. So just be cool. You're all good people, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Introduction Announcement - 7/2/08
Town Crier wrote:"Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Lord British has called for all citizens gather tomorrow (7/3/08) at 10:00 PM EST, outside of the castle for an announcement!"

Information: The Introduction to this event will begin at approximately 9:00 PM CST on Thursday, July 3, 2008. Following the conclusion of the Introduction, this thread will be modified to provide a archive of the event, for those who could not participate.

7/3/08

The Time Lord - Splinters of Eternity

Chapter 1 - An Announcement

A scribe wrote wrote:
Lord British called the people to his castle on a cool night, amidst the battles raging in Cove, to inform the people of a mysterious event that had taken place. It would appear that a rift was spotted by Sherry the Mouse while she was traveling.
Following the finding of it, she said, she sought out Lord British in fear to tell him of it. Immediately, Lord British dispatched his finest scholars and soldiers to research and guard the area. Lord British himself, looked "a bit" ill at the event, but a later interview with his physician established that Lord British would recover as it was merely a cold.
Lord British stood and made the main announcement himself, but quickly withdrew to his throne, allowing Sherry the Mouse to reveal a little information and Sir Dupre to answer questions. Sir Dupre would not reveal the rifts location, but he did say that it is located on the Britannian continent toward the south and that is was heavily guard, by land. Further notes: no relation has been found between the attacks on Cove and the appearance of the rift; no immediate threat has been found; an update on the site's research will be presented in roughly three weeks time.
Just a quick reminder about the coming chapters. I've worked hard the past two days to bring you this next part and I'd appreciate it if the behavior was just appropriate because having to jail someone really does mess my groove up, lol. Anyway, this next chapter is like the grenade that explodes so prepare yourselves for one awesome night.

Chapter 2 - Shattering Emergence

A scribe wrote wrote:
Introduction
Saturday, July 26
As Lord British promised, he announced an update on the rift occurrence three weeks after his initial announcement. Unlike before, there seemed to be a supreme sense of urgency in his calling as the town criers themselves urged people to come prepared for possible battle. The word "possible" seemed to be a calming tactic as Lord British promptly had his guard place defensive palisades all around western Britain, leaving the suburbs undefended. Hopefully, the defensive measures will never have to be tested.

Sunday, July 27
Before the sun came up that morning, it is said that the moat in Britain was assaulted by strange monsters. What few guards and militiamen were there at the time were able to fend them off with ease, but despite the weakness of the monsters, the sheer surprise of the attack and the numbers made even the strongest of knights a bit nervous. As the day progressed, further sightings of these strange monsters became more and more frequent, but with less numbers.

Tuesday, July 29
Monstrous attacks continued until Tuesday night when Lord British called all citizens to his castle. Standing there when everyone arrived was Sir Dupre who asked for silence. Lord British appeared and announced that the rift site had been overwhelmed and the researchers murdered. He asked that everyone please assist Dupre in whatever way possible to find out what happened. Lord British then disappeared and Dupre led the people to a moongate taking them to the rift site. Upon arriving, they met the beast Shal'Etar who ordered his army to attack. The people fought bravely and defeated the first wave, but this was only the beginning. Shal'Etar attacked the people himself and the people could hardly scratch him as he was too powerful. After getting tired of their futile attack, Shal'Etar announced the impending doom of their world and vanished. When Dupre realized how dangerous the situation had become, he ordered everyone back to the castle. Upon arriving back at the castle, Dupre looked incredibly distressed and at a loss for words, but he with the appearance of The Time Lord, Dupre was silenced anyway.
The Time Lord appeared suddenly and aggravated. Ordering silence and even sitting in Lord British's throne. However, he was not here to be an enemy as he provided a plan for Shal'Etar's defeat. The Time Lord claimed that 312 worlds have been destroyed by Shal'Etar and he was tired of seeing it. In order for Shal'Etar to be neutralized, the three "Time Relics" must be recovered and placed on this universe's Time Altar. When this occurs, The Time Lord will be empowered to only neutralize Shal'Etar and from there the people can destroy him forever.
The Time Lord told the people that the first Time Relic could be found through a fisherman to the south. Upon arriving at the fisherman, the citizens did battle with Shal'Etar's minions. Once the minions were defeated, the fisherman told them to follow the southern coast until they find his equipment. When the militia found this place, they fell under attack once again, but quickly dispatched them. Once all was calm, a bridge appeared to ferry them across the water to a remote island, on which was a pillar which bore "The Avatar's Sword and Shield", the first time relic. However, before it could be retrieved the militia had to fight on the bridge, as well as on the island. Initially, they slew nearly 200 minions, but Shal'Etar appeared again to prevent their acquirance of the relic. They fought long and hard and the militia held its own. During the battle Shal'Etar spawned 300 more of his minions, but even they were overcome. Amazingly, the Time Lord showed up during the battle to give a little help, but even he (like he said) could not kill Shal'Etar for as soon as the Time Lord heavily damaged Shal'Etar, Shal'Etar restored himself to full health, claiming to only be toying with them. Soon, Shal'Etar was tired of their futility again and vanished, but not without leaving them with one final battle. A horde of minions, consisting of hundreds beyond count spawned to fight the militia. Bloody it was, but by grace, the minions were put down and Sir Dupre retrieved the first Time Relic.
Chapter 3 - The Time Relics Gathered

A scribe wrote wrote:
The people gathered to hear out the Time Lord. Sir Dupre announced his coming and sure enough, the Time Lord appeared in castle before the willing defenders. Like before, he seemed dismayed over the numbers, but regardless, he opened moongates to the location of the second time relic. However, before he did so, the Time Lord informed the militia that Sir Dupre was going to be assigned to find the location of the third time relic because it had been stolen. Upon arriving, fierce fighting erupted between the militia and the minions of Shal'Etar. After long fighting, a bridge appeared to ferry the people across a lake to an island. There, Sir Dupre arrived late to assist. The island they arrived on held a locked chest. Sir Dupre took his sword and bashed it open, recovering the Cloak of the Avatar - the second time relic. Back to the castle it was. There, the Time Lord, having been informed by Sir Dupre of the final relic's location, opened a new set of moongates to the Bloodrock Orc Fort! There, close-quarters fighting erupted as the orcs defended their fort at all costs. They held the militia outside the gates by shooting arrows, choking the entrance, and throwing explosion potions, but eventually, the militia broke through, storming the fort. The Bloodrock clan retreated hastily, abandoning their home to the militia. Upon entering the keep of the fort, the militia found the final time relic. Sir Dupre took it and returned to Lord British's castle with the militia.
Chapter 4 - The World Saved

A scribe wrote wrote:
The Time Lord, having received the three time relics, opened gates to the Time Altar and placed the time relics on their respective altar. Afterwards, he opened gates for the militia to arrive and began to cast a mysterious spell. After the incantation was complete, Shal'Etar arrived and the Time Lord immediately weakened him. Fighting Erupted! Shal'Etar began striking harder than before, but he was obviously more vulnerable to physical and magic attacks. He stormed around the time altar, calling the last of his minions to his aid in a vain attempt to save himself. The battle raged for a long time and many lives were lost. In the middle of the fight, Sir Dupre faced Shal'Etar and did considerable damage, but Shal'Etar would not have it and struck Sir Dupre very hard, injuring him. Sir Dupre, having severely damaged Shal'Etar, withdrew from the fighting, but his actions helped the other members of the militia considerably. After much fighting, Shal'Etar began to become visibly weakened. He started attacking less and less powerfully. Then, Shal'Etar took a random blow and exploded, killing all in the immediate vicinity only to be immediately resurrected by the Time Lord.

Shal'Etar had been destroyed and the world was saved.

Aftermath

The militia gathered at Lord British's Castle for one final time. Sir Dupre thanked the militia on behalf of the King and promised recognition in the coming days for their valor. The next day, royal masons constructed a statue outside the castle walls in honor of those who defended Britannia in her time of need.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Official Staff Storyline Event!

Post by Teknix »

does the story have anything to do w/ the crack behind LB's throne?
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Kasimir

Re: Official Staff Storyline Event!

Post by Kasimir »

Bah! Come on, mysterious cracks, new locations to be found. OF COURSE they have to do with the event. :D

bOmb

Re: The Time Lord - Splinters of Eternity (Official Staff Story)

Post by bOmb »

I heard Kas was gone for a while. Whats up with the rift, is any info going to be given any time soon? :shock:

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

Hi everyone. As I'm sure you have all been waiting for my continuation of my event, I thought I'd just reassure you all that it will continue very very soon, so be ready.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

if you could, a 48 hour heads up would be greatly appreciated :D
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

How's 36 :)?

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

Kasimir wrote:How's 36 :)?
Thats cutting it extremely close.

8)

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

Hey everyone, my sincerest apologies for what happened last night. A huge storm rolled in right at 11 EST and I lost power shortly after that. I hope everyone understands that I was looking forward to that event as much as you all. Heh, if staying on during the storm tells you anything, I was risking frying my computer. Anyway, please come back TUESDAY at 9:30 PM EST for the continuation.

qtip

Post by qtip »

Least all you lost was the power! Glad to hear the event is still on

platy

Post by platy »

its cool, the gathering for your story lead us to the greatest night of events in the history of the shard :mrgreen:

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

We had insane tournouts for CTF, DD, and 1v1 tournaments.
We also broke the most users online forum record when the shard went down.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

very pleased the event will still continue!

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Town Crier says 9:30 AM not 9:30 PM :?

Kasimir

Post by Kasimir »

I hope everyone enjoyed the second of these events.