The Humble Village of Awesome II

Moderator: Support Moderators

Dark_Radiance

Post by Dark_Radiance »

Well as most already know, Safir, the founder of the original 'Humble Village of Awesome', has been missing for some time and his village has fallen. So I've decided to rebuild his village and offer the same deal he did to New players to the shard. There's alot of basic information that is still a great read for anyone new to UOSA on Safir's original post: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 16&start=0 , With that being said......

Greetings New players of UOSA, and welcome to one of the best, if not the best, free shard out there. I know getting started on a new server can be difficult, so I'm offering to new players on the shard to be co-owned to a small house to call their own until they are up on their feet. The small house comes already equipped with basic furniture, small forge, and anvil. Residents are free to use the house how ever they feel fit, and may stay in them for up to 6 weeks while they develop their chars and save up for their own small house.
Small house.jpg
Small house.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 4282 times
Right now I have 4 small houses available, with more in the works. If you wish to take advantage of this offer, or have any questions you wish to ask me, Contact me here in the forums or in IRC as Darkradiance.

The main complex is still in the works, but is located on the South West part of Horseshoe island:
Large Brick.jpg
Large Brick.jpg (148.28 KiB) Viewed 4282 times

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Humble Village of Awesome II

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Very Awesome of you Darkradiance!

Pro

Post by Pro »

I've got a couple smalls right next to guardzone if radiance runs out of space. pm me here or irc

Herashio

Post by Herashio »

Is this offer still ongoing? My friend and I just started playing Second Age tonight. We've tried many other free shards but haven't played in a few years, would love to have a house to get started with, thanks!

Pro

Post by Pro »

Offers are still going but if you really want to contact someone i suggest using IRC

http://www.uosecondage.com/chat.aspx

My IRC is MARK or basically anything with mark in and in caps.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

That looks amazing, especially the original posting by Safir.

I'm new to the server and think I'd be a good candidate for this, I'm industrious, played UO 97-99 and have nothing but new crummy characters that need serious macro treatment.

What I liked was the nearby vendors with newbie stuff. I'm starting from scratch so I'm looking for things like full spell books, recall scrolls, mark scrolls, runes, rune books, basic armor and weapon kits, things like that.

Dark Radiance I'll look you up in IIRC.

Bye

Just wanted to thank Dark-Radiance for letting me use a small house near Yew, good to his word on this post.

Thanks
Catskills 97-99

Captain Nurple

Post by Captain Nurple »

Hey all! New player here. Pretty excited to be back in UO after a 10 year absence. This shard is bringing me back to the true "golden era" that got me into the game in the first place!

Anyway, just wondering if the Newbie Housing offer still stands. I've got three characters right now I'm aggressively trying to level, but I can't afford a house yet, and it would be a huge help to be able to have that resource to speed developing my characters (and also to be able to direct my gold toward regs, etc, rather than having to save up for a house right away)

So there it is. If anyone has a house they'd be willing to lend to a n00b veteran, I would be very much grateful =P

Lookin forward to meeting everyone in-game.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Hello Cap'n. You might be interested in NEW, a new player guild oriented to helping new players in UOSA develop their chars regardlesws of their previous UO experience.

Some housing opportunities might be available, contact SirEricKain or Joueur Moyen for more information regarding housing.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Disgruntal Goat

Post by Disgruntal Goat »

Hey im also new to this server i stopped playing shortly after EA bought it out they ruined it for me. but yeah if yall are still doing that housing im intrested in taking u up on it need to place to do skill gaining instead of doing it in the middle of moonglow hehe char is named Disgruntal Goat just started playing the other day

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

Hey all, new to the server, haven't played since '98 or '99 (can't quite remember) but I am glad to see there is a real community going for this game and era in the game. Anyway, I was wondering if this offer still stands or if anyone knows of any familiar offers still standing or guilds that are taking new members, etc.

I've currently got 3 chars on 3 accounts (yay multitasking) that I am just going through the basics with to start (getting stats up, make a little cash then get to work) before making them tank mage, dexxer, and mule. Love PvP and have a lot of past experience, but I am at a bit of a disadvantage nowadays since I am located in Korea AND use wifi (my connection is good, but I think the Korea part hurts my lag more than the wifi. I lag A LOT. Does anyone think switching from wifi will make much of a difference even?)

Anyway, if there are any guilds accepting (preferably with a nice mining spot :D) or other nice people out there, lemme know!

Return to “New Player Help”