Nightmare VS DRagon

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
zerok

Nightmare VS DRagon

Post by zerok »

in the uo second age era the nightmare are supose to have more hp and do more damage with more magic then dragon they are the ultimate beast but they are supose to be rare to back up the theory this is a link to osi uo stratic in secondage era http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/anim.htm check the monster table juste something you might think of changing

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Nightmare VS DRagon

Post by Hoots »

a mare destroys a dragon 1 vs 1 (last time i checked) and they are much more rare with only a handful spawning shard wide per day.

What is your suggestion? Your post just wasnt very clear to me.

zerok

Post by zerok »

well on the shard the mare have less hp and less damage i hade a friend tamer try it and the dragon beat the mare the mare like you said should destroy the dragon

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Hoots your are 100% wrong in your assesment.

on UOSA a dragon will own a nightmare in about 18 seconds. and be at 70-80% life

Nightmares on this server have roughly 300 life, by the looks of his source, they are supposed to have tripple that.
[broken image]

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Source says last modified 2009

pollycracker89
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pollycracker89 »

naw i remember mares being much more stronger than they are.. having to heal then every 3 seconds isnt era.

<chainsoar> pancakes you're the craziest person here

[14:48] <@Mammoth> You can trade in game warez for pumpkin pies

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

tekai wrote:Hoots your are 100% wrong in your assesment.

on UOSA a dragon will own a nightmare in about 18 seconds. and be at 70-80% life

Nightmares on this server have roughly 300 life, by the looks of his source, they are supposed to have tripple that.
Ok tekai, that is why i have the *last time i checked* on my post. I used to tame drags at FT with having a mare fight them till redline 1 vs 1. The mare owned them.. it has been along time since i have done this so im assuming something has changed since feb-march?

I have said for a long time the tamer patch was way too much overkill..

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

You just have a tendancy of posting on era threads you know nothing about,,, its gets annoying.
[broken image]

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

This taken from a closer time frame stratics under "The Tamer"
stratics tamer wrote: Taming mares: Nightmares are easier to tame than wyrms because the New Lands provide more opportunity to keep yourself distanced from the mare. They have a very large HP total — on the order of 1000. Their breath causes about 50 points of damage each time (meaning they're tougher than a drake).
They say tougher than a drake, which makes you think they would have mentioned dragon if that was the case.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

On that site, it says Mares have 1000+ HP. I don't believe that's accurate... they'd be doing 50+ point fireballs at that HP level.

My recollection is that Nightmares had around 500 HPs. A little more than Drakes, and better combat skills.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Yeah, I don't think that was totally accurate as well, especially with the HPs, I mostly just found the comment about "being stronger than a drake", without even mentioning dragon in the same sentence, interesting.

I didn't play a tamer in T2A though so I truly don't know, just what I found

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks guys, looking into this now.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

You are pushing for higher hp on mares :lol: that's going to up the price and make things a little bit rough for tamers. Is it contrary to my belief you must first beat the greater beasts into submission to safely tame them?

Not like I am anywhere near this level on my seldom played tamer but either way is both advantageous and disadvantageous depending if taming time is relative to the cost and effectiveness of a greater mare. Of course Era accuracy over rides all and really I don't have a say in the matter.

All my posted tricks got stuck in the gutter (whether I had posted them or another to expose them), and I am praying for peacemaking to have its fix.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Why does everyone make it out to be so hard to tame animals.

EV - Dispell EV at 30% - cure - tame from a ledge / boat / house take your pick.

Telling people to put peacmaking on a tamer is a terrable awful charecter spec that will get you owned by pks and monsters alike.
[broken image]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I am talking about peacemanking to unprovoke.
That aspect of it is said to be fixed.

And what peacekeeping is for when taming is primarily for the other spawn not your target so they don't bother you while you are trying to tame especially at lower levels where you have to keep up with that giant spider. I created an alt for this to follow me around and spawn peacemaking.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.