hello.

Moderator: Support Moderators

dogukan

hello.

Post by dogukan »

hello.

my name is dogukan, I was born in may 20 1995, in Izmir, Turkey. I am semi-greek, from the father side.

I learnt how to read-and-write when I was 4, and I met with computers when I was 5. now I'm 14 years old, and right now I have some experience on HTML, CSS and graphics design.

I am really cool on school, always get 5 of 5 or 4 of 5, which is awesome. this year I am going to attend to high school.

I went to no course or something about any language, except turkish I speak English very well, and I am trying to learn French and Italian on my own.

I started to playing UO back in 2003, and since then I am a roleplayer and I have a fantasy role playing setting of my own in Turkish.

I'm glad to be in a cool UO shard, and I hope everyone else enjoys their stay.

//ps: I was too lazy to write just another introduction note, so I used the laziofever message as a template and added my UO "career". cheers.

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: hello.

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Welcome Dogukan! Hope you enjoy you're stay on UOSA. We have some other off-peak Euro players here you might be able to group with. Hop on mIRC or use the forums if you need help.

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

thanks mate, I really appreciate your help :]

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Selam kardesim.

Dogru sharde vardin. Umarim begenirsin ve arkadaslarin da getirisin.

Bu arada: 14 yasinda olmak için Ingilizcen çok iyi.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

türkçe bilen bir player gördügüme çok sevindim, iyi oyunlar dilerim herkese.

//ENG

by the way, I am having some problems connecting the game. I've done the exactly same that said in the installation guide, didn't update the game by itself but installed the patch 5.0.8.3, but when I try to connect with Razor, it says "The server address you have entered cannot be resolved." but I am sure I have entered them correctly. wy firewall settings are also don't prevent UO from running. what's going on, guys?

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

Hey nice to meet you and welcome to uosa! Here this might help you out some check out this thread

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6623
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

Thanks Joshua, I appreciate your help. I'll look around for finding a solution.
Cheers mate.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

how are you trying to connect UOSA . and have you been able to connect before .. and any other info you feel worth mentioning .. like OS, your clients current verison number as displayed on the login screen and what error messages you get.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

Alright, let me write.

RAZOR SCREEN:

Current client version: 5.0.8.3 (as the patch suggests)

So here on in, this is the error it gives at the first stake:

Additional shot from UO main screen:

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

ty for detailed info this will go along way with me or anyone else that can maybe help you out ..

ok so game client and razor options seem to be right ... you can obv. connect to address seeing your on fourms .. so now I guess i would suggest looking for some kinda block on port 2593 .. (though i'd guess if port is blocked you've never connected to a free shard {i think most use 2593} or you allowed the connection in your firewall .. but for some reason has forgot it ..

i hate to say this but easiest way i could say to trouble shoot this problem out of pic. is to try and connect to another shard that used port 2593 useing razor .. if it connects then i can't see it being firewall or blocklist like peerguardain (though PG shouldn't be the problem i had our address removed from blocklist myself and should still be in affect )

edit* if nothing else also try this in cmd
start -- run -- type cmd -- enter
ipconfig /flushdns
should look like
C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

could just be a DNS problem for some reason .. not sure why .. but it did say resloveing address .. sounds like DNS .. if nothing else works..

edit again .. or you could try and bypass DNS all together shard ip is 64.34.170.79 .. try that instead of uosecondage.com still port 2593

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

Seems like you are just right! I emptied the port box, and tried to join another shard (UOGamers) and it gave the same error. Maybe it's about my AV. We'll see.

//Edit;

Alright, tested.

I changed my DNS settings, no effect on the problem.
I checked if the port 2593 on my connection is open, yes it is.

What can we do here now?

//Edit2:

I can ping the server pretty well. I really don't know what's going on.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Are you sure razor.exe and client.exe are not being blocked by your firewall/av solution?

Open command prompt and type

Code: Select all

telnet uosecondage.com 2593
if a successfull connection is made you get a black screen otherwise it will be an error message.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

Here is my 674x335 pixels of black blankness, good sir.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Based on that screenshot I would say that telnet.exe has access but razor.exe has not.
What firewall / AV are you using? Try to disable it and try to connect then.

dogukan

Post by dogukan »

I did. I don't really know what's going on. I'll try again.

//Alright, checked again.

Firewall; no problem. Razor is in the whitelist with a first degree priority.

AV; no problem.