Failing Spells with Weapon on. Is this REALLY accurate??

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Redrumsback

Failing Spells with Weapon on. Is this REALLY accurate??

Post by Redrumsback »

Please correct me if i am wrong. I remember this change when made on OSI server was the single most destructive change OSI ever made to pvp.... At the point this change was implemeted marked the end of the T2A age and the majority of the pvp base quit OSI servers. It is against my basic UO instinct to have the unequip my weapon before targeting a spell on my opponent. This change is not T2A accurate and from all the post i have read there really isnt a whole lot of proof to support the change that was made to the fighting system 6 months ago.

If in fact this change was within the timeframe of T2A..... then it was marking the end of the T2A era..... why would we want to implement a change like this on our server?

aXe

Re: Failing Spells with Weapon on. Is this REALLY accurate??

Post by aXe »

I don't think anyone likes it at all, to me it's just hitting another hot-key to the plenty I already have. That or like suggested in the past create a macro for your last target hot key to Unequip, target last target.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

Redrumsback

Post by Redrumsback »

I agree. Every person i have spoken too in game has agreed this was a terrible patch for pvp. Why are we choosing to keep the server this way? There isnt even a whole lot of evidence that this change was actually in T2A....

valheru

Post by valheru »

Macro:

Disarmboth hands
last target

complex stuff here....

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

Yes, it IS really accurate. This was discussed heavily when it was implemented. The way it was live on UOSA prior was how it was after precasting was RE-introduced in UOR in 2001, after being removed.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Redrumsback wrote:If in fact this change was within the timeframe of T2A..... then it was marking the end of the T2A era..... why would we want to implement a change like this on our server?
It was implemented to make it difficult for budget tank mages to pvp.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter